seven

[unedited]

Once I was driven home by Lucas changed into some spare clothes Lucas had that were way too big for me and my mother was thanking him profusely for taking care of me. She even let him stay over as she cooked up some cookies as an "appreciation" sign or whatever. I honestly didn't mind Lucas as much after the incident with the thunderstorm happened, mostly because he basically was the one to save my life.

It was honestly very weird to think about. The person I hate, or hated, was the person to save my buttocks from my possible doom. Yikes, you don't see that happen everyday.

"Thank you, Ms. Anderson. I appreciate you taking your time out of your day to do this," Lucas thanked you, a small smirk on his face as if to tell me 'I'm such a charming boy' even though I beg to differ.

My mom's back was turned to us as she baked the cookies. We were sitting on the stools that were for the counter. "No problem, dear! Thank you for taking care of my daughter," my mom answered and turned around, giving us a wink.

     I furrowed my eyebrows at her and rolled my eyes after realizing what she had meant. She was secretly suggesting us to get together and I wasn't up for that. That, my friend, is called a stupid decision!

     I took my phone out and opened Spotify, tapping my chin on what to play. I could either play 5 Seconds of Summer, twenty øne piløts, Panic! at the Disco, Coldplay, or any generic pop music that was trending.

I picked 5 Seconds of Summer, mainly because my mom favored them a lot and because I was really in the mood for the Australian band. She was thirty-five, so not too old, and had me at the age of eighteen. I guess you could say that she fell in love but then that all had to end after her boyfriend found out she was pregnant with me. Oh well, his loss that he didn't want to meet me. I'm pretty cool if I do say so myself.

     Catch Fire was playing now because who doesn't like Catch Fire? Possibly an insane person, but even then they would probably like it! An amused look was etched on Lucas's face as I horribly screamed the lyrics to the song. I got up from my seat and danced, the music filling the air along with the smell of chocolate chip cookies. I sneezed lightly before screaming the lyrics again.

     I'm definitely sick, but who cares? Not me, that's who! Oh my gosh, what if somebody named their child 'Not Me' and then I somehow meet that child and that child is going to care about my cold? I shuddered at the thought, mostly because it was weird to think about, but partially because it could actually happen. Doubtfully, but it was still possible.

"Sing with me!" I urged Lucas and nudged his shoulder.

"I have no idea who this band is, sorry," he replied with a small chuckle, making me roll my eyes.

"The chorus is almost here. It's played before, so get your butt up and sing like you're about to win a basketball game or something!" I said hurriedly, not wanting to miss the chorus.

I smirked once the chorus started playing. I was going to make him sing whether he felt mortified or not. This was very much so mandatory and he wasn't about to escape from it.

I started to scream the lyrics, pulling Lucas to the floor. He was definitely amused considering the huge grin on his face. It was kind of like a "oh-my-gosh-this-is-such-a-stupid-idea" grin, if that even existed. Nevertheless, he started to somewhat scream the chorus as well, messing up on a lot of the words.

"WHEN I CATCH FIRE! AND WATCH OVER YOU LIKE THE SUN!" I screamed, amused at the fact that Lucas was completely bombing the lyrics.

It was alright though— after all, he didn't really know the song. At least he got some of the lyrics right.