ten

[unedited]

I woke up the next morning to the force of somebody's body landing on me. I let out a big groan and pushed the person off of me. It was way too early to get up.

"Five more minutes, Mom," I mumbled and rolled over to cover my face with the pillow. The blanket was entangled around my body and it made me feel very cozy.

"Get up, you brainiac, it's 10 o'clock," Lily said, pouncing on me again.

I turned over with a groan to see a huge grin on her face. I have no idea how she was a morning person, or how anyone was at that matter. I rolled my eyes but couldn't help the smile that formed on my face. It was like Lily could make even the grumpiest of people grin. Talk about magic right there.

"So, what's got you so happy this morning?" I asked, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

"Damon is taking me to go see a movie today!" Lily squealed and pounced on me again.

I've never seen somebody so happy in my entire life. Not even that one time I saw Lucas get punched in the face by Damon in my sophomore year. I was ecstatic when that event happened.

I sat up, making her roll off of me. Thank goodness, because I was kind of smooshed under there. And hot. It didn't help that the blanket was literally clinging to me.

"My little baby has her first date!" I exclaimed like a proud mother.

"And you know what the best part is?" Lily asked smugly, scaring the crap out of me. Seriously, I need to poop.

When I didn't reply, she continued, "It's a double date... with my best friend."

"Who's the best friend?" I asked curiously.

"You, silly! And... and.. you're going with Lucas flipping King," Lily said excitingly, clasping her hands together.

"Oh, no," I told her, but was mostly to myself. "Not that devil."

"Mhm, mhm. I better get home now. I'll text you when and Lucas will come and pick you up," Lily informed me with a happy smile on her evil little face.

"No way," I shook my head in disapproval.

"Please! I love you and I'd do anything for you. Plus, you said that you would do anything for me as well. And I never ask anything of you! Except for food, but you know what I mean. It would also make me really happy," Lily said with a pout.

Why the pout? She knew I couldn't say no to her pout.

I let out a sigh and slowly nodded in agreement, "Fine, I'll do it."

She practically jumped on my after hearing my answer. She pulled me into a bear hug, squeezing the life out of me and repeatedly saying "thank you." I knew I was going to regret my decision a lot, but at least it made Lily happy. Life is so difficult sometimes.

After Lily left, I brushed my teeth, went to poop, and then took a nice, warm shower. Once I was clad into black and white hightop converse, black skinny jeans, an oversized dark blue sweater, and, of course, my glasses, I checked my phone to see if Lily texted me the information needed.

When I was checking, I noticed that I had received a missed call from Jackson, along with a voicemail.

I played the voicemail, kind of expecting a "hey, call me back when you get this and I'm super sorry for what I did" or something like that. I shrugged, listening intently. "Uh, hey, Kylie. How are you? Anyways, I just wanted to say that I care about you and Lily but things have been going on in my life. I'm kind of having an existential crisis in my life right now. So instead of talking to you, I said screw it, why the fuck not, and went with Natalia because I really didn't care about what you or anybody else thought at that point in time anymore. Then, a day after or so, I felt guilty and didn't want to listen to your reaction when you saw me with her and her group. Is it bad that I'm enjoying the time with her? She's so nice and perfect and everything. Not that you aren't. God, my brain is so messed up and confused right now. Sorr-" the voice cut off and I sighed.