Raven Soul - Chapter One

Blair's POV:

I was wondering in the woods again. Just like someone told me not to.

For some reason it felt ok to wander. Like there was something waiting for me. Something good.

I couldn't tell what it was though.

Suddenly a huge black raven swooped down from the trees and landed in front of me.

It was beautiful. Large and strong too.

It took off after a second and went ahead of me.

It stopped a few trees down and looked back at me. Waiting.

I started to walk towards him, dead leaves crunched under my feet.

Just as I reached him he flew away. He didn't stop for me this time.

I took off running, hoping I could find him again.

I ran and ran, but never found the large black raven.

Instead I stumbled upon a small pool of water. It looked to be about 20 feet long and 30 wide. I couldn't see how deep it was.

Around it were smooth rocks, halfway sticking out of the ground. They came up to my ankles.

There were stone stairs that lead into the water.

Fog spread through the air, making it hard to see.

Vines hung down from the forest where I stood.

I stepped into the flat, grassy area around the pool.

No trees grew with in twenty feet of the pool.

It was beautiful.

The raven swooped over head an settled over to my right, landing on a large black horses back.

The horse was tall and it's hair was long and wavy. It had big hooves and dull blue eyes.

Where had it come from?

I looked back at the pool, suddenly feeling someone or something watching me.

Behind me, next to the pool was a person.

With jet black hair and startling blue eyes. So blue they almost glowed, like the sky on a bright day. Or the ocean in Aruba. Gorgeous.

His eye's connected with mine and he seemed to be looking into my soul.

I shot out of bed and shook my head. Just a dream, just a dream I chanted in my head.

I had been having this dream for a while now. Although it advanced every time. Last night there was no boy by the pool. Just the magical place with the horse and the raven. The night before, no horse.

Was this normal or was I going crazy?

I shook my dream off and jumped in the shower. The warm water helped me relax but the dream still nagged at my mind.

I got out and changed into blue jeans and a large sweatshirt.

I already packed my bag for school the night before so I grabbed it along with an apple and went for the door.

"Blair what are you doing?" My mom asked.

"Going to school." I said.

"Why?" She asked my confused.

"Because it's Friday, a school day mom." I said.

"Didn't you hear, no school today. There's a teachers workshop instead." She said.

"Seriously!" I said.

"Yep." Mom said.

"This is awesome!" I said dropping my bag.

"It is isn't it! And it's memorial day this Monday so you get four days off." She reminded me.

"Could my life get any better!" I said.

"It just did." My mom said placing two large jars of Nutella in front of me.

She never got me Nutella. Never.

"What's happening?" I asked suddenly scared.

"Blair honey, your going to be 18 soon." She said.

"Yea, two months." I said the very confused.

"Do you remember what happens when you turn eighteen? We haven't talked about it in a very long time."She said.

We talked about graduation yesterday.

"Yea mom we just talked about it. I'm going to graduate high school, go to collage, find my own place to li-"

"No." She interrupted.

"Sorry what?" I asked.

What other future would I have?

"The promise I made to your grandmother." Mom said.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"It's been so long, no wonder you forgot, She said."

"Mom what's going on?" I asked panicking now.

"I promised your grandmother I would send you to live with her a few months before your eighteenth birthday. I should have already sent you, but I wanted you here longer." My mom said.

"What! Why would you do that! I haven't even seen Grandma Lu for three years." I said.

"No honey, not grandma Lu. Our dad's mother, Alba." She said.

"I have another grandmother!" I said.

"Yes, Alba." She said.

"Why would she make you do this? She doesn't even know me." I said.

"It's her final wish. She said something about protecting you, I'm not sure. But you have to to. I promised her." Mom said.

"What? But I have friends here. I'm going to graduate in four months. Your here. Why would you do this to me." I said as a tear ran down my face.

"You don't understand-"

"And you do?" I said.

"Honey go pack up your things. Your not coming back." Mom said.

I chocked back a sob and ran upstairs.

What's happening to my life? Who is this Alba? Why does she want me? What's it have to do with my birthday? Why me?

I threw some cloths in my duffle bag that I keep in my closet along with some necklaces, bathroom stuff, pillows, my jacket and a few things that would keep me occupied, and my little glass raven. Which was my favorite object.

I threw on my sneakers and my favorite black sweatshirt before going down stairs.

I planned on running away before they knew I was gone. Mom wasn't in the room so I ran to the door quietly as I could open it an ran out.

Only to find my mom waiting in front of the house with some man and a large red pickup truck in our driveway.

\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|\|

Hey guys! I'm so excited for this new book! It's going to be totally different from my other book, no werewolves.

But it's still fantasy. Where's the fun with out a little magic, right!

Let me know what you think of the first chapter. You will understand more in the next chapters. It takes a little bit before she find out what happening but until the. There will be lots of adventure and mysterious people.

Vote! Comment!

~WolfGirl3475