Chapter Five - Raven Soul

Blair's pov:

Getting out of Fallen Springs was almost to easy. But the second we got out we became lost. John didn't have a map or GPS in his car so we eventually pulled over at a Mc Donald's after four hours of driving.

"Do you have any clue were your family lives?" I asked.

"No idea. I would go turn myself in but that was 16 years ago. I don't think there still looking for me." River said.

"It's worth a try. How else are we going to find them." I said.

"Alright, in going to go get directions to the closets police station and some food. I'll be right back." River said.

"Ok." I said.

I was still shocked that what River showed me was real. That for some unknown reason I was going to have powers to. Alba was right, but why couldn't our parents just take care of us. River's knew about the magic. Did my mom know to?

John and Alba said we were only safe in Fallen Springs, but nothing bad was happening. So they just kidnapped us because they could?

I was so confused. Also about my strangely realistic dreams. Were try connected to this whole magic thing? With everything going on they might be.

A felt the car move ever so slightly and looked over, no River. Something moved in the bed of the truck. I looked through the window and saw a large bob cat laying down, looking like it might take a nap.

What the heck was a bob cat doing down here! I found my phone and went to call animal control. Then I realized I do to know the number for animal control. Call the cops? No, it's not hurting anyone, yet.

River walked out with a large map and a few bags of food. He paused when he saw the bobcat, then went down and petted it's head.

"What are you doing! It's a wild animal, it could have rabies!" I shout.

River patted it's head one more time before getting in the car. The weather cleared up a bit, but it was still far from nice.

"So you don't know." River said.

"Know what? Why were you touching that thing?" I asked.

"When you turn eighteen your soul, an animal, becomes a real animal. It will lead you in the right path and help you through tough times. Your spirit animal will alway be there for you, like a best friend." River explained.

"So your animal spirit is a bob cat." I said.

"Lynx actually." River said.

"I wonder what animal I will have." I said.

"Usually you'll start to have dreams and your spirit animal will appear in them. They will usually try to lead you to something important. Some thing very important." River said.

Raven was my animal soul? Cool.  So this guy with blue eyes is important. Will he be a trainer or something? Then I remember him saying I was beautiful. A trainer that likes me, maybe?

"Did you have dreams?" I asked River.

"Yea, he lead me to those thing's I have in my bag. Weapons, portals, and water-breath tablets. They will come in handy some day. No one else has these things. Why do you ask?" River said.

"Just curious." I said.

"You've never had Lyxn lead you to a person?" I asked.

"No. Have you started having dreams?" River asked.

"I think so. There very, um intense, real." I said.

River nodded. "It gets stronger until you find it. You'll get used to it soon enough. It only happens a few times."