Chapter Sixteen: No Big Deal, He's Just My Boss

"Rory, you have a knack for picking out bars with no cute guys," Kieran sighed as he sat down at our table, bringing over our drinks with him.

I merely rolled my eyes at him as I took my drink from him. It was now Friday night and I had done pretty well to avoid Clarke. Thursday was easy as I didn't have work but Friday we worked together all day. Luckily Clarke was so busy with the deal he didn't have time to talk. He was barely in the office actually, he had meetings and actually even did some press for the deal. I knew it wouldn't last though and by next week I would have to talk to him.

"Cute boys are the last thing on her mind, trust me," Ava muttered.

Kieran raised his eyebrows slightly. "Does this have something to do with whatever you wanted to talk about?"

I rolled my eyes slightly and sat back in my chair. I was rather reluctant to tell Kieran, let alone say it out loud again.

"If you don't tell him, I will," Ava shrugged as he noticed my silence.

"She's making this out to be bigger than it is," I promised Kieran as he looked very suspicious.

"I'm really not," Ava disagreed.

"Well, you know, I think so," I told her.

"You are so stubborn," Ava complained.

"Will someone just tell me the hell is going on?" Kieran demanded.

"She had sex with Clarke," Ava said quickly, looking at Kieran and then glancing back at me. "...Twice."

I felt that feeling of shame roll over me and I just wanted to crawl into a pit. Least I knew I obviously wasn't proud of it.

"You classify this as not big news?" Kieran exclaimed turning to me. "Sleeping with your boss is not big news? What is then? Sleeping with the President?"

"Jesus, Ava thanks for throwing me in here," I rolled my eyes, sipping my drink.

"Well, didn't seem like you were going to say anything," she muttered, avoiding my eye contact.

"Whoa, whoa, okay," Kieran interrupted out little tiff. "Let me get a grip on what the hell is going on here. So your boss, the douchebag player, who you absolutely hate by the way....you slept with him? Like proper clothes off pen-."

 "Yes, yes," I stopped Kieran from talking. "God, you don't need details."

"Well, I might if you want my advice which is why I presume I was asked here for this conversation?" Kieran guessed.

"Yes, well my advice ended up being useless," Ava explained. "She insisted she has zero feelings for him what-so-ever, but the sex seems to be great."

"Eh, I'm almost not surprised with him," Kieran admitted.

"That makes me feel so much better," I said, leaning back to sink into my chair more.

"Sorry," Kieran muttered, "but okay. When you say good you mean better than Isaac was? Cause you only said good things there."

I didn't answer him straight away and eventually just nodded at him which promoted him to mouth the word wow.

"In a different way though," I spoke up quickly, "and for different reasons."

"But you don't have romantic feelings for him?" Kieran confirmed.

"No, definitely not," I said immediately. "I don't think that would be possible if I tried."

"Yeah, well I think there's more to it," Ava spoke quietly.

I glanced over at her and while she seemed to be listening to our conversation, she seemed very involved with her phone at the same time.

"Is everything okay there?" I asked her.