Chapter Twenty-One: It's All About the Image

The mornings after had become pleasant for me, well compared to the first morning after at least. I had no dread when I woke up, my body was still at ease and so was my mind. I still felt relaxed and calm and like there wasn't a care in the world. Plus, Clarke's bed was super comfy.

He was already up once I woke up, moving around his room getting dressed. I watched him for a minute without him knowing as he put on his collared shirt, buttoning it up and smoothing it out, putting his pants on and doing is belt, and then doing the buttons on his sleeves. He then went to grab his tie next and that's when he noticed me.

"Like watching people get dressed, do you?" Clarke asked me, a small smile on his face.

I rolled my eyes slightly. "No...it's just interesting. I don't think these would be the type of clothes you would chose to wear every day is all."

"And you'd be right," Clarke shrugged slightly. "I would never wear a tie every day, but it's part of my job so I'm happy to do it. Speaking of, which is better?"

Clarke held up two ties, one navy blue and the other black with white spots. I immediately pointed to the navy one, no contest really for me.

"Perfect, thanks. What time do you need to be at school?" he asked, putting the tie around his neck.

"Not til nine-thirty," I said, rubbing my eyes, "and it's..."

"Seven," Clarke smiled as he now had the tie on and walked over to the bed. "Plenty of time."

"Yeah, but I still have to get home and get changed. I can't wear your collared shirt to school," I said, holding out my arms to show his oversized shirt on me. 

"I know, but you can stay and eat breakfast," Clarke told me. "Sort yourself out and the food will be out there ready for you."

Clarke didn't give me a chance to argue and instead lent on the bed so he could lean down and kiss my forehead. For a moment I was surprised by his affection. Kissing my forehead felt intermittent and even caring. I liked the way it felt, I liked the way it made me feel...I felt safe. I hadn't felt safe with a boy in a year. Before Clarke could move away from me I moved up my arms and grabbed his head to pull him towards me. I wrapped my arms around his neck as I kissed him. I felt him respond him immediately and put his hand down on the bed to stabilise himself as we kissed.

We kept kissing for a little, slightly passionate but sweet and calming at the same time. I slowly started to try pull him towards the bed as I felt my body start to lust for him, but that was when Clarke eventually stopped me.
"Hmmm, Rory," he muttered, using the hand that wasn't hold himself to grab onto my arm that was still around his neck. "We definitely don't have time for that."

I smiled slightly, but sexily and slightly alluring. "Surely you can make time? I mean you are your own boss. You could be late."

Clarke's eyes looked me up and down and I could see in his eyes he wanted me, he however started to shake it head.

"I...want to," he breathed out, "but you know I have to be present and on time. I also don't think you can be late for school. So, come on get dressed so we can both be on time."

Clarke slipped away from me without saying another word, and leaving the room. I felt slightly disappointed but at the same time respected that he really cared about work and even cared about my school, which I didn't think was the case. I also got the impression he thought school stopped me from doing my job. I guess it was just another thing I had gotten wrong about Clarke Watson.

I showered and got dressed in yesterday's clothes and came out into the lounge room to see a plate of bacon, toast and eggs already sitting there for me. My stomach rumbled at the sight of them. I guess I did use a lot of energy when I was with Clarke.