Chapter Twenty-Six: How to Break Rule One

The next day at the office, was literally like someone had gone and put rays of sunshine inside the building. It felt like everyone was just happy and it was strange. Sometimes walking past reception they would like...sad,or bored, but today they all smiled and said hello as I walked in, with a large grin too. I was little confused, so I placed my bag down on my desk and went into Clarke's office.

He was already here, which was now no longer a surprise. Which was great because it's what he should be doing now, especially with the pressure on him with board at the moment. He looked reasonably calm and definitely happy....and his mood seemed to be how the whole office was, which just goes to show how much your bosses attitude can have on a work place.

"Good morning, Rory," Clarke said brightly. "How does it feel to be twenty-two?"

"No different to being twenty-one," I rolled my eyes. "What are you working on this morning?"

"Ah, getting a proposal ready to take to LA in a couple of weeks," Clarke explained.

"Oh, right, you have that event in LA,"I remembered now. "Possibly the best place to get a new client?"

"If I don't sign a client in LA, then I'm in trouble," Clarke sighed.

"I still think they're being harsh," I told him. "I mean, you signed a big client that has been going extremely well and you haven't lost a client yet."

"Yes, but our stock dropped and so did our image," Clarke explained, pointing his pen at me sightly. "They believe that's the reason I haven't gotten anyone else, which is what I need to fix. My image is better, but there's still doubt. I'm bringing Alicia with me, upon advice of the PR time."

"Oh," I said straightening up. "That's probably a good idea. Taking her to an event looks like she's there to support you, that's important."

"Yes, that's the general idea," Clarke said standing up and walking around to the filing cabinet to put something away. "I am hating this fake girlfriend thing though."

"Really?" I asked surprised.

"Yes, having to be touchy feely in public, especially with her being my friend," Clarke explained, walking up to me. "I want to be comfortable."

Before I knew what was happening Clarke had wrapped his arms around me. I moved back slightly, mostly in surprise and felt myself hit the desk. I felt Clarke's hands run down my body and he pulled himself closer to me. What, why was this happening at work?

"I like what you're wearing today," Clarke commented. "I like this skirt, have I seen it before?"

"No," I admitted. "It's new."

I wasn't wearing anything special, or really different. I had gotten myself a new skirt, it was just a simple black pencil skirt. I wore it with a white button blouse that was short sleeved because it was finally getting warmer back in New York.

"It's tight," Clarke whispered.

As he spoke he brought his lips down onto my neck and I feel like I should've pushed him off but the moment his lips touched my skin I felt my body completely shatter. I felt shivers up my body and I felt myself just want to fall into him. When he moved his hands down to touch the fabric of my skirt, I wanted to melt. I hated what he could to do to me sometimes.

"Clarke, the door isn't locked," I breathed out heavily, now putting my hands on him to hold myself.

"No one's going to come in," Clarke assured me, a tone of seduction in his voice.

"No...we can't though," I tried to tell him. "Not...not at...work, that's the deal."

I was saying one thing but my actions were saying another and Clarke could tell. Instead of really pushing him off like I should've done, I was wrapping my hands around his biceps over his jacket and pulling my leg up around him to pull myself closer. I didn't want to do this at work because it was work, but I really liked how it felt.