3. The Journey

(Naiyah's POV)

(Present)

   I liked walking. It makes me feel normal. Its steady and calming. Walking to places is what I normally do when I travel across the country. It helps clean my mind of anything negative. 

   I sigh, better pick up the pace. I start jogging, though to most people it looks like I'm running. 1,810.2 miles. That's how far it is from my house in New Mexico to Forks, Washington. And by car is at least 28 hours. But the last time I went to visit it took me about 12 hours. I'm already in Utah, and its only been about six hours. I'll make it there in no time.

   I'm actually really excited about this "trip." It's been a couple decades since I last seen the Cullens'. Ever since Jasper introduced me to them, not long after we met, I've been close to them. Despite the distance. Though me and Jasper have a closer relationship than the others, I still feel like I'm apart of the family. And it's always different every time I see them. Especially when Emmett tries to see who's faster, me or Edward. It's me by the way. 

   Every time I visit its always hard to leave, don't know why but I feel like every time I leave, something is pulling me back. Like my heart aches when I leave. I don't know why I feel this way but I think it's just because I miss my friends. But there's this tiny part in my mind that is telling me to stay, and don't leave. Like the universe wants me to meet someone. Which is not what I want, cause I know what's going to happen. I always end up losing that someone cause they're human. Or I end up hurting them in someway. So I don't bother to try and make new friends.

   I shake my head to clear my thoughts. No, don't think like that. I tell myself. Think about what's going to happen when you get to Forks. 

   New borns. We all knew what it was like be one, I never felt more stronger than I did those first couple of years. I felt powerful. But I had people to help me. I can only imagine what Jasper is going to tell me when I arrive. 

   I share the same knowledge of new borns as Jasper does. I might not have trained them but I have helped people who needed my help. Most of the people were just like me, they were left for dead but luckily I got there just in time to help them out to adjust to this new life. I still keep in touch with them just to make sure they're doing okay. 

   Now that I think about it, maybe that's why the Cullens' like me so much. I just enjoy helping people.

   I smile to myself as I stop to look at the view since I made it to the top of the Rocky Mountains. The wind blowing in my hair like that one scene from Pocahontas. And before you ask, yes I'm a huge Disney fan. Like I said before, I have a lot of time on my hands to do things that keep me from being bored for the rest of my life.

   I take out my camera, I take it with me everywhere, and snap a picture. At home I have a whole room just for my pictures. Hundreds of scrapbooks and folders full of pictures of my life. And though I'm immortal and don't age, I can see a totally different person every time I look back at my pictures of my life. You can really tell in my eyes, or that's what people tell me at least. 

   I smile and started walking again. Forks, here I come...

(Pauls' POV)

   I throw myself against Emily and Sam's couch with a heavy sigh. Jared and I just got done patrolling and I am exhausted. It was a pretty slow night, the red headed leech didn't come back which is a good thing. I just wish that she would stay away.

   That damn red head is really annoying me, well really all of us actually. And since Jake got back from Bella's graduation party, we finally know why she keeps coming back. Of course she's after that damn leech lover. 

   I shudder thinking how anyone can actually love one, let alone be close to one of them. Well that's what the rest of the guys think. They say they reek, but I don't really smell them at all. It's just the cold skin and golden or red eyes that freak me out. Not that I would ever admit that to anyone. Bottom line is, I don't like them and they don't like me. Which is totally okay with me.

   My thoughts are broken  when Jake enters the living room. He told us he was going to be meeting with Bella and her leech to discuss something about the fight getting ready to take place. With the new born army headed this way, we have to work side by side with the Cullens to protect our loved ones. And to do that one of the leeches is going to show us how to fight them.

   "Where's Sam?" Jake said his eyes scanning the room for our alpha.

   "I'm here, so what's the deal?" Sam says as he walks in the room, the rest of the guys following him, all find somewhere to sit.

   "They wanted to give us a heads up that a friend of theirs is on her way to help us train and fight. " He said calmly looking at all of us.

   I sat up and leaned forward, "another leech is coming here? What the hell, don't we already have enough of them coming our way?'' My voice raising in anger.

   "Settle down Paul," he looks to me then Jake again, "but he does have a point, why is this other leech coming?" He questions.

   "They said they she is knowledgeable with new born vampires, that she could help us. Bella said that she had powers like a few of the Cullens do. But they just wanted to warn us that she's on her way right now. And that she might be here either tonight or tomorrow morning." He said while putting his hands in his jean pockets.

   Sam nodded, "okay, thanks for telling us Jake." He turned to the rest of us. "The rest of you, keep a look out whoever has patrol tonight. That if this vampire does cross our territory, to let them go. Got it?" His voice holding power as he looks at us. We all nod in understanding. Quil and Embry stand and get ready to leave since they patrol this morning.

   I leaned back against the couch, my thoughts are running wild with the news we were just told. Another leech is coming here? I wanted to yell at Jake, make him give us more information about this leech. I wonder if this person can really help us. Is she even safe to be around. Was she like the Cullens or did she have those blood red eyes like the red head?

   I sigh and slightly shake my head. oh well, we just have to wait and to see find out...

{And that's the end of this chapter! Yay we got a point of view from Paul!! The next one will be when she gets to Forks and all that stuff.  I'm really proud of this one, its a lot longer than the rest and I really hope you guys enjoy it. Will update maybe later today or maybe the day after. Because tomorrow is the brand new series of SHADOWHUNTERS!!! So yeah that's what I'll be doing tomorrow but other than that, have a nice day...or night....BYE!!}