4. Surprise

(Naiyah's POV)

(Present)

I have always enjoyed coming to Washington. It was a lot cooler than New Mexico but it's the landscape that always captured my attention. The forest was one of my favorite places to be, it was totally different than that of New Mexico's woods. Plus I like rain. Even if it's the total opposite from my fire element, it's still one of my favorite part of Fork.

I slowly walk through the woods heading towards the big house I knew was waiting for me. I actually made really great timing coming up here.

I looked to the left of me, knowing of the imaginary line that divided the territory the Cullens share with a Native American tribe called, Quileutes. I wonder of old man Quil or Ephraim Black. I only meet them a couple of times in my life. I even meet them before I meet the Cullens. I knew of their magic, and they knew of mine. I accidentally came across their territory when I left my home a long time ago. That's when I told them my story of how I became vampire. I think that's why they didn't kill me on the spot. And when the Cullens also came on their land I helped them make the treaty.

I sigh as I continue my walk. Jasper is going to have update me on a lot of things.

I smile to myself as I think of my best friend. Even though we talk on the phone and message each other, I still miss him. I mean he's my best friend in this messed up world that we live in. He is one of the only things that will always be in my life.

But it's not just Jasper too, I miss everyone. Beside Jasper, Alice and Rosalie are probably the ones I'm close with. Alice because she helped make Jasper happy and her attitude just makes me want to like her. But with me and Rosalie, we understand each other. We both didn't want this kind of life. Heck I wanted a family, a husband. When I was human I was engaged to someone I cared about. And now he's gone. I watched as he grew older and die. I wanted to start a family, now I can't have that. We have those same feelings. And I think that's why we're so close.

I shake my head. I have to stop thinking like this. This is how people go insane, they have thoughts like this and they loose their minds. Plus I don't want Edward to be looking into my thoughts cause he can't keep out of anyone's damn business. I take a deep breathe even if I don't need to and take one last look at the Quileutes land before heading in the other direction.

As I walk, I feel warmth around me, which means something alive is nearby. I slightly grin, knowing that it was one of the wolves. The aura felt powerful and spiritual. Just to play around with them, whoever they are, I stop in my tracks. I hear a faint growl. I chuckle out loud, I turned and looked. What I saw was a beautiful wolf standing a few meters from me. His coat was a mixture between light and a dark brown color. It was beautiful. He stood tall and strong like he was proud of what he was, heck I would be too if I was a magnificent wolf.

He looked threatening. And he would if I was afraid of him. But I'm not. It's the total opposite really. I feel, lighter. If that's makes any sense.

But it's not just his aura that wants me to stay right here, but his eyes. As I look into his deep brown eyes, I feel like their looking into my soul. And I can't tear myself away from them. I'm so lost in them that I don't even notice that his eyes widen slightly and he breaks his defensive stance.

(Paul's POV)

I was on patrol at the moment by myself cause Jared had something he had to do today. Most likely to go spend time with Kim, his imprint. I wouldn't admit this to anyone but, I always wondered if my other half was out there. Waiting for me or something. I don't know who she was or what she would look like but I think of her. To other people they see me as some kind of playboy or a jerk, well that jerk part I don't blame them for, but I'm not that way. I just hide behind it cause that's just the image I don't to lose. Because if you show your feelings with other people, then the more likely you're going to get hurt.

I inwardly sigh as I walk my way towards the border, I was so lost in thought that I didn't even see the girl on the other side.

I stopped in my tracks, she wasn't even paying attention to me as I looked at her. Her tan skin standing out in the sunlight that shown through the trees. She was pretty nice looking from here, but she felt different. Like she wasn't a normal human. I continued to watch her as she walked away. On the Cullen territory. That's when I noticed it, no heartbeat. A small growl left my throat as I looked, so this is the leech that was coming to help us train.

She stopped, shit she knew I was here. I growled louder as she turned to face me. She looked calm, she wasn't afraid, which pissed me off even more. That's when I looked into her eyes. Then everything froze at that one moment. Everything else faded and it was just me and her. Her brown eyes, just like mine, I could get lost into them forever and never want to leave. Nothing else mattered at this very moment. I saw our future together, I can imagine her smile, her laugh. Just everything. Not even words can describe this feeling I was having. I didn't even care that she was a vampire I just want to be closer to her.

My thoughts were broken when she smiled at me, my heart skipped a beat. I wanted to talk to her but before I could she waved her hand at me. Then she was gone...

   I imprinted on a vampire. 

   Shit