10. Bella Swan

(Naiyah's POV)

   The drive to the Cullen's was short lived. I got there in no time at all. I pulled into the garage and parked beside the silver jeep. As soon as I got out I knew everyone here. But the smell of blood filled my nose as I went inside. I can hear many voices coming from the living room. All sounded familiar except one.

   I never knew Bella Swan but I have heard everything about her. Though she was pale like the rest of the Cullen's she still stood out like a sore thumb. She sat next to Edward, very close to him, like any second now he would disappear and she'll never see him again. She was very interesting indeed. There's not to many humans that enjoy of being in the same room as a vampire. Their instincts naturally being intimidated by our presences. But she was somewhat calm. I wouldn't doubt if she was. A army of new born vampires are after her. 

   I leaned against the door frame and listened to the conversations around the room. The only one who wasn't here was Jasper and Emmett. "Am I early for the party or what?" I finally said, growing tired of going unnoticed. Bella's eyes found mine, her dark brown eyes slightly widening as she looked at me up and down. I don't really see what was so frightening about me. I don't feel intimidating. 

(Bella's POV) (*gasp! new POV)

   For as long as I knew that vampire's and werewolves existed, they always surprise me. I have been told about her by everyone, but she wasn't like how I imagined her. To say she was beautiful was a understatement. But I guess that was a vampire thing. Her tan skin stood out as she came further into the room. Her long black hair fell against her back. Her skin flawless. It reminded me of the people on the reservation. I wondered if she was from around here. Maybe she knows Jake and all his friends.

   "No you didn't. Just on time. We're still waiting for Jasper and Emmett to return." Carlisle said from his stop on one of the love seats. Esme stands next to him.

   She nods and leans against the piano that's in the room. She looks out towards the window, the sun setting in the distance. Her eyes looked far away. Like she was somewhere else in the world. I couldn't help but notice that she had a very beautiful necklace wrapped around her neck. And some sort of black material tied around her wrist. And that her fingers kept on fiddling with the material. It must have been very important to her, I thought to myself.

   "You know it's very rude to stare." She said. Her head still looking at the window. "So if you have something to say, say it."

   I jumped, blood running up my cheeks as I got caught. Her voice was strong and powerful. She turned her gaze towards me. Her eyes going up and down, staring at me. "So ," she says, "your the human that has Edward wrapped around your little finger." She crosses her arms over her chest. "I assume your the reason why I traveled all the way up here?"

   I froze. I was utterly speechless. I didn't really know what to say. My eyes probably looked like a deer caught in headlights. I turned my head towards Edwards. He had a small grin on his face. He leaned forward, his elbows on his knees.

   "Come on Naiyah," he chuckled a bit. "She's only curious."

   Naiyah smirked. "Curiosity killed the cat you know." She looked towards me. "Back then if you stared to long, you were asking for trouble. It was considered very disrespectful to look at your elders, or even your own family, in the eye."

   I didn't say anything just nodded and adverted my eyes somewhere else. She chuckled, and hopped on the top of the piano, her feet dangling over the edge.

   "I can tell you have questions, ask me and I will try my best to answer them." She said, a small grin on her face.

   I looked at her and nodded. "How long have you known the Cullen's?" I asked, my voice sounded so small and weak compared to hers.

   "A long time. But I've known Jasper the longest. I didn't meet them until they signed the treaty with the Quileutes." She says with a small smile on her face.

   "So you're not from around here?"

   She shook her head and laughed a little. "Gods no, I'm originally from southeast Arizona. It's where my people are from. If I'm not mistaken, you are from Arizona, are you not. I would have thought that you have seen an Apache, at least once." A grin on her face.

   "Yeah I am from Arizona, who told you I was from there?"

   She smirked, "Trust me, I know everything about you, Isabella Swan. I have my ways of knowing things."

   I nodded and sat a little bit closer to Edward. "How old are you?"

   She grinned, "Lets just say that I'm the second oldest here in this house. Of course we all know that Carlisle is the oldest here. Though not as old." She chuckles and looks at Carlisle, "No offense old man."

   Carlisle smiles and shakes his head, laughing. 

   It was odd, seeing her so comfortable around them. But they have known each other for a while. It was like she was part of the family. Like she was a Cullen herself.

   I was going to ask her another question when Jasper and Emmett walked into the room. Naiyah sat up straighter and looked at the boys. "Your late." She said.

   Emmett scuffs and rolls his eyes, "your just too early." Was his comeback. A pretty weak comeback.

   Jasper chuckles and sits on the couch. His eyes went instantly went to her necklace, a knowing look in his eyes as he looks at her. Naiyah must have noticed cause she shook her head lightly as if telling him, later. 

   "So what's the plan? No one has told me anything since I arrived." She asked. Her eyes looking around the room. "I need to know what our next move is before I change my mind and head back home."

   Jasper nodded and started telling her the plan. With the army coming closer everyday, and the wolves by our side, the Cullen's have yet to find a spot where the battle will take place. Naiyah listened carefully, a serious look on her face as she nodded in understanding. When Jasper was done explaining she stood up. "I'll go out and look for a spot for the fight, I'm sure I can find the perfect advantage for us in the mountains. But also far enough from the town so no human will interfere. And I'm sure I'll have enough time for me to hunt also." She heads to the door. She turns to Jasper. "I'll contact you when I'm sure to find it alright?" He nodded, and in a blink of an eye she was gone.

   I let out a long breathe I didn't know I was holding. To say she was impressed was a understatement. Naiyah took charged of the situation like it was nothing. Like she's done this a million times before. Who knows, maybe she has. I didn't know what I was expecting when she was first told of the new vampire. I silently shook my head, wow. I thought to myself. Just, wow.

{ And that is chapter 10, sorry for the long wait but I have been really busy with work and graduation coming up in a few days. It's been pretty crazy around here. But I hope you enjoyed this chapter, not one of my favorites but I wanted Naiyah to meet Bella properly. So here it is. Not very much Apache history in this chapter at all but will try to add it in later chapter. I don't know if you guys are liking the mini history lessons but if you are I'm happy that your liking them. And that's it for right now will update as soon as I can. Bye!}