13. The Clearing

(Paul's POV)

   "Do I really have to come along to this?" I complained as I followed Jacob to the location that the Cullen's chose for the upcoming battle. I sighed, putting my hands in my pockets as we walked.

   "Can you please shut up for ten minutes? It's really getting on my nerves."

   I scoff, "Consider it payback for constantly talking about the Bella, God how I wished Sam didn't make me not beat the shit out of you." It was the truth, he wouldn't stop saying how he wished she chose him instead of that leech, I rolled my eyes at the memory. I really wish he will just give up sometimes. Its obvious she doesn't want him. Talk about being stuck in the friend zone. I shuddered at the thought of Naiyah putting me in the friend zone. Even the thought made my inner wolf whine.

   I was so lost in thought that I didn't even notice we were already here. My eyes widen at who I saw. There stood Bella, beside her was the mind reader, as always. But the one who taught the rules of fighting the leeches stood next to him. But what really surprised me was that she was there also. Her and the blond leech was talking to one another, it looked pretty serious because her eyes were hard and her mouth was in a frown. Her arms were crossed over her chest as she spoke sternly to the two leeches.

   "I hope you know what your getting yourself into. One wrong move and we're done. Then this whole will all be for nothing." Her beautiful golden eyes were locked on Bella. She meant business. And if I was honest with myself, it frightened me a bit. This whole thing was Bella's fault anyways. The only reason I am still going along with this was because of Naiyah.

   Jacob and I walked towards them as they noticed our presence. "Your not fighting, what did you pull a muscle or something?" Jacob says already trying to start something he won't be able to finish.

   "He's doing it for me okay?" Bella tells him, though I don't think it helps the situation at all.

   He lets out a small sigh, "whatever, just tell me the plan."

   "Wait why is Paul here?" Bella asked suddenly. Her eyes on me now.

   "Nice to see you too," the annoyance showing clear as day on my face, "Sam wanted me to tag along to make sure things are set in motion. He would have come himself but the council needed him for awhile."

   Everyone nods, but my eyes stay on Naiyah. A small smile made its way to her face as she stands next to the blonde.

   The said blonde looks at the two of us. "This field will gives us an advantage in battle, we need to lurror them to this point with Bella's scent. And it needs to end here."

   "Edward and I are going off campsite, even if he carries me they"ll still pick us up on our scents." Bella explains.

   "Your stench however," Oh god, this can't be good. "Is revolting." I couldn't help but growl a little. And I might have taken a small step forward. Just a small one.

   Jake put his arm in front of me, "dude you really don't want to be comparing stinks." He did have a point. They always smell like peppermint, like really strong peppermint. The kind that smells gross and really sweet at the same time. It really irritates my nose whenever they're near.

   "What they mean is that with Jacob's stench, it would conceal Bella's. It would masks hers. Make her go undetected from the newborns. If you carry her up the mountain." Naiyah jumps in and gets to the point.

   Jacob nods, "done."

   Edward shakes his head, "it's not a good idea." He looks to the blonde and Naiyah.