11. Lean on me

(Jasper's POV)

   I watched as Naiyah ran out of the house. With one last look at my adopted family and a encouraging smile from Alice, I ran after her.

   I knew she was fast, faster than anyone that I knew. But it didn't take me long to catch up with her. She was looking up at the sky when he found her by the treaty line. A small smile on her face.  "They're the same you know," she says quietly not looking away from the stars, "Though I'm in a different place, they still look like the ones back home." 

   I stood next to her, looking up at the sky. The sky was clear, not a single cloud to block out the beautiful stars. The milky way shown bright against the millions of stars. The moon was barely visible in the sky. But the crescent moon still shown brightly, though barely there. I looked down at my best friend, her outer appearance looked fine to humans but her eyes told a different story. They showed some many different emotions, I didn't know what they were. 

   I looked down at the necklace that stood out against her skin on her chest. The abalone stone I knew so well, she wore it the first time they ever met. And I knew she only wore it a few times a year. "You're wearing it." I said calmly.

   She nodded, her handing coming up to grip it lightly. "Is it that time of the year again?" I asked her, already knowing the answer. She nodded again.

   "You know, being as old as we are, it never goes away. The pain will always be there. Even if you do fill it with happy and better memories, that hole on my chest will never be filled." her eyes filled with the tears I always questioned about her. How she is the only one of their kind to cry. She laughs as the tears fell from her eyes of gold, a smile on her face to help mask the pain she felt. "Sometimes I want to forget about them, but I can't. Cause if I do, then they are truly gone." 

   With a second thought I wrapped my arms around her, I hated seeing her this way. But I knew she had to let it all out, to shed the tears she holds for so long. To be relieved if only for a few moments. I held her close to him as she sobbed into my chest. This is one of the only times she is this vulnerable. She puts up her walls to everybody, only letting a few people in, everyday she puts on a fake face to hide her pain, to hide her loneliness. To hide everything. 

   "Hey, your not alone in this, you will never be alone. Okay. I'm here, Peter and Charlotte will always be by your side. The Cullen's will always be here for you. You don't have to go through this by yourself. Please don't cry my Indé. It hurts to see you cry." I say quietly.

   Her sobs completely stop after a couple minutes. Her head still on my chest as she calms her breathing, with a little help from me. She sighs, "How on earth did I end up with a friend like you Jas?"

   I chuckle, a smile appearing on her face. "I'll always be with you, and know that when ever you need me, I'll be there in a heart beat. You can always lean on me when you need a shoulder to cry on." 

   She smiles, "I know." She takes a deep breathe. "So, want to help me find a perfect battle ground? It's been awhile since I been here, could use some help from a friend." She gives me a small smile. Life coming back into her eyes.

   I nodded, "It would be a honor to escort you ma'am." A small grin on my face, my southern accent showing just to make her laugh. It worked.

   She laughed out loud, a big smile made its way up to her face

   She laughed out loud, a big smile made its way up to her face. "Stop, you know I can't resist the accent." she gave me a playful shove, which made me take a few steps back. 

   I chuckled, "you know you love it." 

   She laughs and shakes her head. "What is with you 'White eyes' ?"

   I laugh and wrap my arm around her shoulder, pulling her into my side. "Sorry to break it to you darling but fortunately you're stuck with me forever" I say with a grin on my face as we made our way through the mountains to find a perfect spot for the plan.

   She snorts, "You mean unfortunately." She mumbles. 

   I stop in my tracks and playfully glare at her, "take that back."

   She smiles innocently at me which drives me insane when she does that. "I don't know what you're talking about."

   "Take it back Naiyah." I say looking down at her, my arms crossing against my chest.

   She grinned, "Okay, I'll take it back if, " she smirked at me, "you can catch me."

   My eyes widen but before I could reply she took off. I groaned, "oh come on this again?" I shouted as I ran after her.

(3rd POV)

 Her laughs were heard from miles around, but no one was there to disturb the fun the two were having.

   But neither of them notices a certain wolf was listening nearby. And his heart slowly broke from hearing her laugh. His growls were heard from his pack, but his thought controlled. He listened for his imprint but she was to far from him to hear her. A soft whine came from the hotheaded wolf. He wished he was the one to make her laugh like that, that he could see her smile.  He wished she was with him, running by his side as she smiled at him. 

   Paul sighed and went back to patrolling, keeping his thought in check as his pack member ran with him. Soon, he kept on telling himself. He would be with her soon. Just a little bit longer.

{ Hey guys guess who's alive!!!!!!! I am so sorry for the long wait. I have been extremely busy lately with my job and saving up some money for when I move coming next year. Its just been really crazy for me at home. But now since my work schedule is pretty much set now I will be more active. 

Anyway I hope you enjoy this chapter, I really enjoyed writing it especially since Jasper is one of my favorite character and I just wanted a chapter with just him and Naiyah. Please send good feedback and tell me what you think, I am open for suggestions to maybe request a certain character in a future chapter. Just tell me what you think.

And also enjoy this really cute GIF I stumbled upon. }

 }