Chapter 1, Kate

Power. That's what I felt as I sped down the winding dirt road on the back of my jet-black motorcycle, the wind whipping at my braid. Absolute control over its movements, over what happened. Not to mention the fact that I looked like a total badass.

The limo with the decoy by my side and the vans in the front and back were the only things reminding me why I was here. I was going home, back to New York. I had found some very important information about Senator Davis that would hopefully... no definitely change her opinion on my missile collection.

I preferred traveling in secret, nobody trying to protect me, my guards annoyingly tried to keep me away from the action. I guess that's what happens when you're as powerful as I am.

Then I saw something out of the corner of my eye. No, not something. Someone. As I looked closer I realized it was a group of people. Rebels by my guess.

They obviously thought they were still unseen or they would have fled by now. It's as if they were trying to make my day.

The rebels were getting closer, Silver Order by my guess. They weren't equipped enough to be Gold. I could make out three men and a woman in the distance. Four poorly armed rebels to our ten men plus me. They were out-numbered and outmatched. Dead men walking.

Then two torrents of flame exploded into the air on either side of me. I barely managed to swerve out of the way as a car door hit the spot I'd been moments ago. Well crap. The vans in the front and back of the motorcade exploded. I made a mental note to personally shoot the man who checked the vehicles.

Casting away my bike I pulled my gun ready for a fight. They had evened our numbers with the explosions but I didn't doubt our ability to win for a second. I charged.

As I ran thoughts flew through my head like bullets, then one hit me. Why not blow the limo? Unless they wanted something. What was in the limo that the Silver Order would want? Then I realized, it was a kidnapping, they were here for me!

The rebels were charging full speed down the hill pulling their weapons. Their obvious leader took aim at one of my men, but the idiot hesitated. My man knocked the gun out of his hand but the rebel managed to get his knife and stab him through the heart. A lucky shot; against a better opponent such hesitation would have resulted in death.

I wound my arm back throwing my knife directly at his heart. My throw was perfect. Lethal. But just as my blade was about to fulfill its purpose the girl rebel yanked him out of the knife's path.

I lost track of the man as I aimed my gun at her ready to make the kill. But before I could pull the trigger a huge force slammed into me tackling me to the ground knocking my gun from my hand. The leader.

I was on my feet in an instant, sweet adrenaline pumping through my veins. Unfortunately he sprung to his feet at the same moment I did.

I easily avoided his next punch and spun around landing a kick on his stomach. He doubled over in pain but realizing his error straightened just as I aimed another kick at his ankle. Then to my surprised he sidestepped simultaneously landing a hit on my shoulder.

I recoiled for a moment from the pain but recovered quickly. We spent the next few minutes in a blur of kicks and punches. He fought like an animal but I fought like a predator, still he was lasting longer than most had against me.

Getting an idea I faked to my left before spinning and lunging for my gun. My fingers closed around the handle and I cocked the weapon ready to fire, but when I resurfaced the rebel had found a gun and had it pointed at my face. We stood glaring at each other daring the other to make the next move.

But before either of us could shoot the idiot decoy signed her death sentence. She came out of the car with her hands up in surrender. If only she had known who I really was she would have stayed in the limo. One of the rebels grabbed her but before he could take another step I shot the stupid girl through her thick skull. Better to have her dead than to have someone think I'd actually surrender.

The looks of horror on the rebels' faces were priceless. The decoy's body fell on the ground with a satisfying thump. Then I realized one of the rebels was missing. I felt the cool metal of a gun barrel on the base of my neck. I dropped my gun raising my hands in surrender.

The leader had figured it out; "Devil," he greeted me. "Silver" I greeted him in return. Though I had only heard it once in a video I instantly recognized the voice of Xander Silver, the leader of the Silver Order Rebel Group and one of my sworn enemies.

But as I turned and looked into his face for the first time our eyes met. My heart betrayed me beating faster at the sight of him. No! I was stronger than these emotions. I had to be.

Xander was the classic boy next door, 18 years old, sandy blond hair, emerald green eyes, and handsome features. He looked more like a football player than the leader of a rebellion. He was no threat, especially after his display of weakness in the fight.

Nothing about him distinguished him as the leader of the group but it was obvious the rest of the group looked up to him.

The girl at his side was the perfect girl next door for him with her golden blonde hair and sky blue eyes. She was pretty in the way real people were pretty. I hated her already.

The boy to Xander's left was, short, African American, and looked about 16. He had a beautifully made rifle strapped across his shoulders. He was looking at me with pure hatred across his face.

Lastly was a muscular mountain of a man in his mid-twenties. He had an overconfident look on his face, obviously he considered himself an alpha. His features were unattractive and he had a long jagged scar running down his face.

Xander secured my wrists tightly behind my back with a length of rope and tied a blindfold over my eyes. As if that could stop me from grabbing his knife, cutting the ropes, getting a gun from a fallen guard, and escaping. A smile bloomed across my face as I thought of escape.

My fingers twitched towards his belt but before I could make my bid for freedom I realized something. These idiots were taking me to their base. The one I'd been searching for months to find. This could be the opportunity I'd been searching for.

I allowed myself to be pulled away savoring the fact that they didn't know about the knife hidden in the secret compartment in the sole of my boot. They cheered as they pulled me into the back of a truck. The idiots had no idea who they were dealing with.

***

Hey guys! I just wanted to say if you happened to stumble upon my book than you so much for reading! Please vote and comment, I really want to know what you think seeing as this is my first book on Wattpad! Updates are every Sunday at no specific time.

-Jade