They Called Her Death

It would be all too easy for one to kill the other in that back hallway of the Gold Order Base with Kate's knife at Xander's throat. And Kate outnumbered and hurt and Xander betrayed and disappointed were far from the top of their games. Xander escapes death and Death herself escapes into the night.

Kate was always grateful for the split between rebel groups. But with the gap bridged and the alliance formed The Rebel Order matched The Legion in men and firepower. Kate and Xander were both too stubborn to give up on their causes. So to war, the former lovers went.

Xander knew Kate's secret. Izzie gave him Kate's blackmail files. One right move and Xander takes power. One right move he hadn't quite made yet, no one falls out of love that easily.

Kate had a virus sample. The collateral damage was too much, even for her. She went to Dr. Taylor and he said he could reduce the collateral. Xander would die, but there were things more important than boyfriends.

Izzie was Death's daughter. She hadn't spoken to Lia in weeks but hadn't gotten over her either. She hadn't spoken to anyone at the Order either. Alone and scared of Grayson Ballard, Izzie broke down crying in her room at night. She didn't know what she believed but she knew it wasn't supposed to feel like this. And she was trapped with no way out.

Xander set up a meeting with Kate. The two didn't fear each other and they meet in the kidnapping house at midnight. They both came honest and alone. But when Xander tried to blackmail Kate with what he knew she got angry and threatened him with the virus. They were two people with no chance at redemption, both fighting wholeheartedly for their own goals. And Xander would do anything to win.

Kate didn't like being trapped. If there was one thing she needed right then it was power. Power Xander had taken from her and threatened her with. And the Xander she saw wasn't the kind rebel she'd loved; he was angry and almost cruel. He was way too into this, and she was scared of what he'd do to take her down. Kate did the unthinkable, she revealed on television that she was Death. And that anyone who defied her would die.

Izzie's father was dead and she couldn't be happier. She found her half-sister and told Kate the truth, Izzie always preferred Kate to her father and could see fitting in at a new Legion. Kate embraced Izzie, they were both under pressure. That day Isobel Ballard was born and she intended to make a difference at her sister's side.

Kristin was at Xander's side as she pushed him towards power, for good of course. Kate didn't give a date for her rise to power and as far as Kristin was concerned, Kate killed her sister. And Xander, in his anger and desperation needed to save the world let her push him.

Xander needed to save the world. He needed to stop Kate. He was good and she was evil. She tricked him. He would kill her, take her seat of power, and use it for good. Once he had all of the power, he could fix the world the way it should be. He planned his first attack.

Kate's world was on fire. Xander's first attack on her California base was ruthless and brutal. In the battle, Kate's command center was destroyed and she battled through the chaos. She clawed her way towards the Ghost center, towards the children. And she found the mangled body Rachel Gold on the floor. She lost control and killed every Order soldier she could fit her knife into as tears streamed down her face. Kate blamed herself and vowed to never let anything like this happen again. The Order retreated and Kate stood devastated in the chaos.

Izzie knew Lia was at the California base. She couldn't force herself to not care. Lia lied to her, but Izzie would have done the same thing. When she found out Lia had survived Izzie flew across the country to her and apologized for everything. Lia broke down crying and kissed her.

Kate needed to consolidate her power. She invited every rich and powerful person she controlled to her New York base for her eighteenth birthday. Clothed in a blood-red gown and jeweled black mask Kate was Death herself. She walked through the masked crowd gaining supporters and proving to everyone that her age was not a factor in her leadership. As perfect turned to too perfect blue eyes met green from across the dance floor. Kate and Xander danced with knives against each other's chests in a bitter reminder of the gap between them.