Chapter 29

I heard my phone ringing; I reluctantly opened my eyes to pick it up. I looked at the time it was only 8 in the morning who is calling me? I looked at the caller id, off course it was Noah. I disconnected the call and put my phone on the silent mode, he can call as many times as he wants to but I am not going to answer. I fell back on the bed for the last six days I had hardly left the house. I walked around the house in my sweats all day like a freaking zombie.

Noah has been making it difficult for me by calling all the time, texting and last night he even sent me an email three pages long. With every please my heart broke a little and I wanted to run back to him but I had to be strong. These days didn’t feel different at all, each day felt like an another day without Noah, I was not getting any better instead my will was crumbling every time his name flashed on my phone and I had the urge to give up.

I sighed and got of the bed, heading towards the kitchen. I opened the fridge to see it mostly empty. I have no food around what so ever. I am living off biscuits, crisps and lots of chocolates; I really need to go grocery shopping maybe tomorrow. I poured myself orange juice which filled only half of the glass. Great, I hate this, I hate everything and I don’t know what to do. I gulped the juice and went back to my bedroom.

I should call mom maybe it will take my mind of Noah even if it is for a little while. I strolled down until I found the number and dialed it. “Hello.” My mom said.

“Hey, what you guys doing?” I asked casually. Mom didn’t reply right away she was talking to someone dad I think.

“How are you?” My dad asked. I guess she put it on the speaker. How am I? Screwed, pathetic, depressed and sleep deprived.

“Good. It’s really nice out here.” I lied plainly. They can’t know if I am lying through the phone so keeping them in dark is working if nothing else.

My parents were quiet for a few seconds. “We have to talk to you about something. It is important; if you have time it might take a while.” My mom asked.

“Ok I have lots of time. Say.” I replied. I was playing with the bracelet on my wrist turning it around in my fingers.

“It is Noah.” They said together. My heart sunk and my eyes started filling with tears. “He has been coming here every day since you left that to twice. I don’t know what happened but he is clearly not taking it well. I won’t ask you what happened but you should talk to the poor guy.” My dad said calmly.