Feelings

Fan Cover by @_broken_chords

Ella's pov:
For the thousandth time in the last five minutes, I bang my head against the steering wheel of my car.

Stupid traffic

Stupid cars

Stupid.. people who have license.

I could almost see the exit I have to turn off of and then it was just another 10 minutes away.

But just sitting in this car made me think, what IF my parents found out I snuck out?

Or what if Ally told them?

Or the security guard?

Maybe a maid?

The gardener?

This was so not a good idea.

I mean, yes, it was probably the best hour or so of my life, but I don't feel like spending the rest of my existence locked up in my room grounded.

Julie.

That girl, she seemed nice.

I mean, we only talked for a minute or so but I could tell she wasn't one of those stuck up girls like from those chick flick movies.

But I know there is probably almost an impossible chance I will ever get to see her again.

I always wondered what life would be like if my parents weren't so full of money.

What would they be like?

What would I be like?

I hope I would have had a decent amount of friends.

A boyfriend?

Wait..

HAH

Love life and me aren't even allowed to be part of the same sentence.

I mean, I am so not ready for a boyfriend.

I want to turn eighteen and finally leave my parents house and enjoy freedom before that ever happens.

I'm tired of being tied down.

Plus, how would I even talk to him?

Living in the mansion all the time, the only other person I pretty much talked to who was around my age was Ally.

I hear a loud beep and I signal an apologize to the car behind me and start pulling up.

Thankfully, the traffic didn't slowly stop again and I was able to exit.

I knew my way back to the house because I have this route memorized or even planted into my brain.

Flashback

"Mommy, why is our house so far away from everybody?" I asked while tugging on the sleeve of her dress.

She doesn't take a second to glance up at me as she keeps her eyes glued to her phone. "Because Ella, this way we can stay away from all of those bad people who would want to break into our house."

But I only let out a giggle, "That doesn't make sense, not everyone is bad."

"That's because you're only a little girl Ella, you don't understand." She says rolling her eyes.

I make eye contact with Ally who was playing with her purple skirt in the opposite seat away from me.

She had pigtails in and she was swinging her legs back and forth, she nods her head at mom to me.