A Fight For Freedom

Ella's pov:
"Ella Maria Sanders what on Earth were you thinking?" My mom questions sitting right across from me at our kitchen table.

Good news, I got released from the hospital and got to leave that awkwardly silenced room.

Bad news...

"Mom, I just wanted to get out of the house." I complain sinking down in my seat thinking I could escape her wrath.

News flash, it didn't work.

"And you thought it was a good idea? You went to the hospital Ella!" She hisses.

I look away from her stare and at my father who was silently listening to the argument we've been having for almost a half an hour straight.

"It's not fair! You guys are almost keeping me hostage here!" I raise my voice not only at my mother, but I kept eye contact with my dad.

"All these years, we protected you from the cameras, from people who would try to hurt you because of us." My mom shakes her head at me and crosses her arms.

"Protect me? More like keeping me trapped in my own house."

"Do not talk back to me young lady-.." she starts to say, but then it was my dad who actually caught her off.

"Ella, we only want what is best for you." He says, his tone the same as it has always been.

But I shake my head at him.

"No, you want what is best for you." I say, and stand up from the table.

I start to walk out but my mom grabs my arm, "We did not give you permission to leave."

"I don't want your permission for anything anymore." And with that, I head for the stairs for an escape to my room.

I won't let them control my life anymore.

My dad may be a popular business man, putting us at 'danger' for people wanting money, but I can't let that excuse take over my future.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Now I know she'll never leave me
Even as she runs away
She will still torment me
Harm me, hurt me." Beauty and the Beast plays from my phone.

That's right, I have this big plan to change my life, and what am I doing?

Watching movies on Netflix in my bedroom.

Why?

Well one, I'm grounded.

Two, my dad hired more house security.

And three, what plan?

I mean, come on.

I can't run away.

Where would I go?

What would I do?

This is reality, I can't just run away and expect to go and marry some prince and live in a magic castle.

...

But if that were an option I would definitely consider.

Heck, anyone have a poisonous apple?

I hear a knock at my door and I look over to see Ally standing in the entrance.

"What do you want?"

Yes, I am still mad at her for telling mom about me wanting to leave.

Sure, if I wouldn't have gone I wouldn't have been in that crash and gone to the hospital.

But, I feel.. different.

Like that crash... has made me stronger.

Before today, I would have never spoken to my parents like I did back there.

Not even in a lifetime.

And now, here I am.

I don't even feel bad that I said all of that.

In fact, it felt pretty good.

"I heard all the commotion downstairs, why would you say all that to mom and dad?" She questions.

I don't say anything as she walks into my room and sits next to me on the bed.

"I'm tired of being trapped here Ally, I already told you. I don't want to be home schooled anymore, I don't want the backyard to be the only place I go to actually be outside." I say, not even looking up to make eye contact with her.

"Look, Ella, I'm sorry for telling mom about..."

"About me wanting to leave? Message received."

"I never meant to hurt you."

"But then why would you tell her?"

She takes a deep breath, "I was scared, I didn't... I didn't want to lose you. I thought that you would run away, and that I would never see you again.."

I look up to see tears, real tears, streaming down her cheeks.

Without second thought, I grab her and pull her into a tight hug.

"Ally, just because I was mad at you, I would have never left you. You are my sister."

She sniffles and starts to pull away. "And I know you don't like it here, and I can't make you like it here, but I can't support you wanting to get out."

"Why?"

"You remember dad, and how he lost someone he cared about because of people wanting to destroy the family business, I don't want the same thing happening to you."

And I knew, what she was saying was true.

But, if I had to chose between staying here hidden, or taking my chances...

Taking a chance would win.

Every single time.

"I'm sorry Ally, but I'm not going to stop fighting until mom and dad let me be who I am, without hiding behind these walls."

She doesn't say anything for a moment as she just stares at me. I start to reconsider my whole 'plan' until I feel her grasp my hand.

"Okay, as a sister, your favorite by the way, I will try and do my best to help you." She says, giving me a small smile.

I laugh, "Of course you're my favorite, you are my only sister."

"And as a sister I must say," She moves a little closer to me, "who in the world was that boy who came out of the hospital room with you?"

My eyes widen in shock but she continues before I could say anything, "beccause while I was waiting for you with dad, he walked by and he was H to the O to the T!" She starts to fan herself.

"Ally calm down." I laugh again fanning her face along with her.

"Please tell me you got to see him naked."

"Ally seriously!!" I screech covering my face as she laughs along with me.

"Okay, okay I'm done." She says standing up.

I shake my head at her as I walk her to the door.

"You need to sleep." I say, because every time she gushes over boys that bad, I know she is sleep deprived.

Trust me, not only are we sisters, but years of being trapped in the same house does say a lot.

You should have seen her with titanic at two in the morning, now that, was something I wish I could forget.

"Okay, okay I will," she giggles taking a step into the hallway, she was about to walk to her bedroom but with one quick motion she spins around and looks at me, "Did he at least have a six pack?"

"Ally!!"