Take The Chance

Ella's pov:

"How are you?" Samantha asks walking towards me with Emilia in her arms.

"I'm good, what are you doing here?"

"Oh, Emilia's diaper started to smell so I decided to change her here before I head off to my parents house for the first time since Emilia was born."

But this made me confused, "What do you mean for the first time? Is this the first time they are getting to see her? That's exciting!"

But instead of a smile on her face, she frowns a little, "Well, when they found out I was pregnant, they weren't... really that accepting. But now... they want to apologize for what they did. At first, I ignored their request, but then I thought about Emilia, and I just want to do what's best for her."

I smile, "That's amazing, you're such a great mom."

She smiles back, "Really? Thank you," She then quickly looks at her watch, "I actually have time to spare, would you like to sit down?"

I nod my head and we walk over to a small picnic table, I sit on one side, while her and a now sleeping Emilia sit across from me.

I stare adoringly as Samantha cradles Emilia to her chest.

"I'm guessing you like babies." Samantha chuckles as she catches me staring at Emilia.

"I can't help it, I love all babies, it's my weakness." I laugh and shrug my shoulders.

"Would you ever want to be a mom some day?"

I take a couple seconds to respond, "To be honest, I haven't put much thought into it, but maybe someday."

Samantha's smile widens a little as she looks back down at Emilia, a comfortable silence falls between us as we just sit in our own thoughts.

But this makes the gears start to turn in my brain.

I really want to ask her what made Luke so upset, but it really isn't my place.

But if I know, could I help him?

I would do anything to help Luke, because I just feel like if I was put into his situation, he would do the same for me.

"I'm sorry."

I look up at Samantha in surprise to see she was already looking at me.

"Why are you apologizing?"

"If I put you in a difficult position at the ice cream shack, I never meant to do that."

But this makes me shake my head, "Samantha, you did nothing wrong to me, was I confused? Well yes, but I was certainly no upset."

At this, the ends of her lips curl up just the tiniest bit, "Really?" She asks, almost like she was cautious or afraid of my answer.

"Really, but... if you don't mind me asking, what happened?"

She takes a deep breath and my eyes widen to what I just made myself say, "Wait, I'm sorry, you don't have to answer that-..."

"No it's okay, I feel like I should tell you." She attempts to smile but it doesn't completely show all the way.

"Are you sure?" I ask, just incase.

She nods her head and begins.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

By the time she was finished, my mouth was left open in complete shock.

She didn't just only tell me everything that happened with Luke, but she even told me how she got pregnant in the first place and who the baby daddy was.