My Big Fat Lie

Ella's pov:

"Okay, okay, let me get this straight, you and Luke.. almost kissed!!" Julie squeals jumping up and down on her bed.

"Not so loud!!" I shush her as she squeals again.

It's been a day since, well, you know, I confessed my feelings for Luke to Julie.

But I'm just telling her now that we...

Almost kissed.

Well, let me further explain.

When I told her that I liked him last night, I swear on my everything, I completely forgot about it.

I was too busy freaking out that I indeed had a crush on my best friend.

After hours upon hours of girl talk and hanging out, it wasn't until the last twenty minutes that it literally slapped me in the face.

Oh and yes, Julie already yelled at me for not telling her sooner.

But it's all good, the way back from hell wasn't as bad as I expected.

...Heh.

"I can't believe you forgot something that important." Julie laughs at me as I make a weird sound that sounded like a mix between a pout and grunt.

"Stop laughing..." I whine.

Julie just shakes her head and continues laughing to herself, but then, her eyes widen suddenly.

She runs to her dresser and picks up her phone, dialing a number.

"What are you doing-.."

"Hello?" A voice speaks over me from the other line of her phone.

"I won, I won!! Pay up loser!! Ella has a crush..." Julie sings into the phone.

I stare at her in horror, as I recognize who is on the other line.

"Get her on the phone now!!" Zander's voice booms out, Julie smirks as she hands her phone to me.

"Ella FREAKIN SANDERS!! You couldn't wait a DAY to admit that you liked him??! I just lost eighty bucks!"

"Actually it was about fifteen hours ago, you weren't even close!" Julie says doing some weird happy dance in front of me.

"Did.. did you guys.. BET on when I would confess my feelings towards Luke??" I question as both Julie and Zander fall silent.

There were a couple of seconds of silence until Julie speaks out, "Uh, maybe?" She mutters, twirling a loose strand of her hair around her finger while giving me an innocent grin.

"Don't take it too personally El, it was just a way for Julie to gain money for her broke ass-.."

"Hey! You're the one who came up with the bet Zander!"

"Because I thought that I would win for sure!!" I hear him yell over the phone which makes me hold the phone a little bit farther away from me.

You know, so Zander doesn't burst my ear drum in a matter of seconds.

"Hold on, did you guys know before hand I had a crush on Luke?"

This time, there was no silence after I said this, immediately they both said a "Yes" in sync.

"Ugh." I groan as I hear Zander let out a laugh, "You, my friend, are just like Julie."

"What is that supposed to mean?!" Julie argues.

"You guys are horrible at hiding your crushes."

"You know what?" Julie says walking towards me, "Bye Zander..."