Girl From The Past

Ella's pov:

"Wait so where are we going again?" I ask as Luke covers my eyes.

"Be patient Ella!" He laughs from behind me as I feel him leading me somewhere.

"Luke, it's like you don't even know me. Ella and patient aren't even allowed in the same sentence."

At this, I hear another sound of laughter come from his voice.

"We are almost there."

"You said that about a mile ago."

"Yeah and your so called 'mile' was a couple of seconds ago."

"Well how could I tell? I can't see!!"

"And whose problem is that?"

...

"Wait don't answer that." He says which causes me to chuckle.

After what seems like an eternity, I feel us halt to a stop and he slowly uncovers my eyes.

It takes me a short amount of time for my eyes to adjust to the light, but after a couple of seconds, I am star struck.

"Is that.." my voice draws out.

Luke steps into my line of vision, "Well you said that when you were little, you used to go to this ice cream shack with your family so..." he smiles.

"Luke it's.." but before I can bring myself together, I feel tears start to run down my face.

Luke eyes widen and he starts to freak out, "Shit! I'm sorry! We can leave-..."

"No!" I almost yell out, sniffling a little bit.

"It's perfect, Luke thank you." I give him a small smile, trying to wipe my tears away getting a little more embarrassed by the second.

"Would you like to?" He signals his hand for me to walk and I head towards the little shack, Luke trailing behind me.

"It looks exactly the same." I almost chuckle as I look at the door frame.

All these years, it looks exactly the same since the last time I was here.

Sure I was like what, six maybe? I can't even remember.

"How may I help you?" The lady at the desk asks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thank goodness I know someone else who likes the waffle cone, for some reason, people get bowls." Luke says from across me at a little table outside the ice cream shack.

"Well of course, the actual cone is one of the best parts." I laugh as I take a bite out of the cone.

"Yeah I-..." but suddenly, Luke's voice comes out strangled as he stares at me.

Well, not at me, more like something behind me.

I turn around to see what he was looking at to see a girl with a baby in her arms.

"Do you know her?" I ask him, but he just stays still in a daze.

I start to snap my fingers in front of his face, "Hello? Earth to Luke!" After a while, he finally snaps back into reality.

"Huh, What?" He asks.

"Whose that?"

"Who?"

"The girl you were looking at."

"What girl?" But I basically roll my eyes at his question.

"The girl with the baby you idiot." But at this, he gives me a small glare.

"Just someone from the past." He starts to stand up but I grab his wrist and pull him back down.

"Then why are you freaking out?"

I am genuinely curious.

He is acting like he is reliving a bad nightmare or something.

"I'm not-... you know what? Let's get out of here." He starts to stand up again but suddenly, a voice calls out.

"Luke?" I hear, I turn around to see it was the same girl with the baby walking towards us.

From behind me, I can hear Luke mutter some... inaccurate words under his breath.

She stops a little bit away from me.

Her once eyes trained on Luke now shift to me, "Hi, I'm Samantha." She says with a smile on her face.

"Ella," I smile back, I look to see she had a baby girl sleeping in her arms, "And who might this be." I say trying to keep my 'awes' on a professional level.

"This is Emilia." She says looking down at the baby in her arms.

"That is a beautiful name." I smile at Samantha.

"Thank you, I have always been in love with that name." She smiles back.

I hear a throat clear behind me and I look back to see Luke standing close to me with his arms crossed in front of his chest.

I look back at Samantha to see her eyes glossy, "Luke, I know we did not leave on good terms and I'm sorry-...."

"Ella, please get in the car." Luke says emotionless.

I hesitantly look back at Samantha to see her hold Emilia a little closer to her body.

"But-..."

"Ella, now." Luke says in a strict tone which cause me to take a step back in shock.

Without wanting to start drama, or start a scene, I lightly nod my head at Luke's request and I head to his car, him following silently behind.

I try to keep my head down and force myself to keep looking straight and not back at Samantha and Emilia because I know that I would feel extremely guilty.

But once I got in the car, I just immediately exploded.

"What the hell Luke?! How could you be so mean to Samantha? And she had a baby Luke, a baby!! Did you ever stop and think to yourself, 'Hey! I'm a asshole,' because you sure just acted like one-.."

"Ella.."

"Hell no, I'm not done-..."

"Ella."

"And don't even get me started on you thinking you can tell me what to do. You're lucky there was a baby and I didn't want to cause any drama because you tell me what to do in that tone one more time and I will beat the-...."

"Ella!!!!" He almost yells which causes me to immediately look over.

And what I saw, surprised me.

Luke looked horrible.

His hair looked like it had been stressfully pulled at and he just looked exhausted in general.

Way different from the Luke I was talking with about ten minutes ago.

"Luke I..."

"It's fine Ella, I think you have to go back home." Is all he says as we silently pull out of the parking lot.

Hey guys!!

What did you think of this chapter?

Opinions?

How about the way that Luke reacted?

~juls