Heartbreak

“Nice to meet you Bhoomi! And Thanks for the wonderful introduction about me.”

I smirked and she blushed profusely. I looked at Siri, who was almost fuming.

{Now what happened to her?}

“They are right! You are so sweet.”

{Do people still talk about me in college?} I smiled.

“And when I saw you on T.V.! You were AMAZING. Sir, you are just … Can I get an autograph?”

I chuckled. This girl is too hyper.

“Come Bhoomi, we are getting late. We need to go home.” Siri pulled her away, and rushed out of the college premises.

“Hey! That was rude. Did you ever look at someone as handsome as him? Leave that, did you even properly look at a guy? …” Bhoomi was whining all the time, and I chuckled.

My mobile buzzed with a text from Siri: Going home by bus.

{What? I came here all the way to pick her up, and she …
Hey! Don’t blame her. She told you that no one was supposed to know her marital status. Now if you pick her, won’t Bhoomi get a doubt?
Who was the one to give me that dumb idea then?
Sorry! I forgot.
You know what, before meeting her, I didn’t even know that you existed. But now my life has turned miserable because of you.
That is what happens in love.
Insanity?
Exactly!}

I sighed and got into my car. I reached home and knocked the door.
Siri opened it.

{See! Just the way you expected her to do, when you reached home earlier.
You Shut up!}

I hugged her immediately.
“I wanted to do this, the moment I saw you in college.” I whispered in her ear. She shivered slightly, but pushed me away.

“What was the need to come there?”

“I wanted to surprise you.” I pouted.

“But what if they come to know?”

“You need not tell them that we are married. But you could at least tell them that we are in a relationship.” I explained, closing the door.

{The whole street, especially the neighbours; need not know that we are having an argument.}

She let out a dry chuckle. “Are you crazy? Nobody would believe that you could fall in love with me.” She turned around to leave.

“What is wrong in that? I had already fallen in love with you.”

I grabbed her arm and lifted her chin to make her face me.
{Shouldn’t this be considered as a romantic moment? I officially confessed my love to her!}

Her eyes filled with tears and she pushed me away hard, ran into the room and closed the door behind her.

{So much for a romantic moment. I forgot that I am married to a devil.}

I banged the door and kicked it in frustration.

“Siri! Open the door.”

She did not. I heard sobs from inside.

“Siri! Open the damn door!”

She still did not.

“Siri! I am warning you! This is the last time I would ask you. If you don’t open this time, I swear you will regret it.”

The door opened, and I found my wife in a pathetic condition.

{What are you doing? You promised to take care of her throughout the life. You should treat her like a princess. But you are the reason for her sorrow.
Shut up! I didn’t do it on purpose.}

I approached her slowly, and lifted her head. Looking into her tear filled eyes, I asked her.
“Why are you doing this? Why do you always run away from me? Why don’t you ever look into my eyes? If you had ever looked into them, you would have understood how much I love you. What more should I do Siri? I had tried all that I could, to make you feel my love. But you never noticed anything. Every time I try to speak to you properly, you only avoid me. I am fed up of it Siri.  Are you blind, deaf and dumb? Today, I had come home with so much of enthusiasm and so much to talk about the trip and all. I wanted you to be the first person to hold the award that I got from the ‘Ministry of Technology’. But you, were not even concerned. You just left the keys with the neighbour and went to college! I thought fine, let me at least meet you in college, but you insulted me in front of your friend. You don’t love me, fine. But could you not give me the least respect that a husband deserves? You just ruined it all. I did not expect this from you.”

She closed her eyes and tears rolled onto my palms, which were cupping her cheeks.

She slowly whispered. “I hate you.”

################################

Wait ... Wait .... ✋

There's more.

Wait for the next chapter.

ParinayanantaramOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara