Vol 1 Chap 14 - This type of princess, Xia Hua does not hate

Chapter 14

"Xiao Hua, don't you want to clean up?" Long Lian asked when she saw Xiao Hua sitting on her bed after finishing her bath.

"I will just wash my face."

Xiao Hua could stand and walk without problems as the burn was much better now thanks to the medicine. The medicine made by the Third prince was amazingly very effective.

Surprisingly, Long Lian followed Xiao Hua and watches her washing her face with a copper basin filled with warm water. Actually, Xiao Hua could guess that Long Lian wanted to say something, so she decided to just wait until she decided to talk.

"Xiao Hua, do you hate me?"

Xiao Hua halted in the middle of face drying with a clean cloth provided and looked at Xiao Hua with surprise. "I don't. Why did you think so?"

"I... towards commoner...I'm not polite. I had not realized my rudeness until Third Brother pointed it out to me."

Xiao Hua was not really surprised that the third prince would be concerned about commoners. He was gentle and kind towards everyone, which was a rarity for a royalty. But for Long Lian to broaden her views with just one sentence...this shows that Long Lian was truly different from those selfish and narrow-minded princesses from those Chinese novels she had read.

This type of princess, Xia Hua does not hate.

"Ah Lian is a princess. Most princesses do not know much about commoners. But Ah Lian knows so why would I hate you?"

With teary eyes, Long Lian suddenly embraced Xiao Hua. She had been hugged by the princess for so many times in the past that she was no longer surprised about it. "Xiao Hua, you are so nice to me."

...Is she nice to Ah Lian? Princess, are you saying that the Xiao Hua that feed you her leftovers is nice?

It sounds so pitiful hearing that. (×﹏×)

"Only mother, father, and my brothers truly care about me. The maids and other ladies only treated me well because I'm a princess. I don't have a true friend that really cares about me."

"That's not true..."

Long Lian untangles herself from the smaller girl. "Once, I had embarrassed myself for being caught in a scandal with a minister's son. Mother had pleaded to father not to marry me to him, and fortunately, father agreed in the end. But with the reputation of being 'ruined', no madams dared to offer their son to marry me. Even those that I had always viewed as my friend had distanced themselves from me. There are some that asked for my hand in marriage but they only have plans to use me."

That sounds like a novel... oh wait, she's living in a novel now. But Le XiaoTing did not know Princess Long Lian had this past. The novel did not mention this!

"Then... are you... with that man..."

"No! That scoundrel dared to enter my bedchamber when I'm changing, and a group of ladies that came over to visit me saw that scene and then spread the rumors."

"What? Did you and that guy not explain what really happened?" Xiao Hua asked in shock.

Long Lian smiled bitterly. "No matter how much I tried to explain, no one believes me, other than my mother and my brothers."

"Did you not prove your virginity? With the red dot on your arm?"

"Red dot? What is that?" Long Lian lifted her sleeve and reveal a pale, slender arm. There was no red dot on it.

Seeing the genuine confusion on the princess's face, Xiao Hua realized that the red dot that proves a ladies' innocence did not exist in this world. Actually, she did not even know if it actually exists in her original world as she only found out about it from the historical novels.