Vol 2 Chap 43

XH 43

Xiao Hua quickly surfaced from the water when her oxygen ran out. Her face was flushed from the lack of breath, her eyes teary with her hair plastered over her face and naked shoulder.

His heart skipped a beat and his eyes unconsciously lingered at her smooth, white skin.

"Get dressed. This prince will wait for you outside." He quickly retreated, already forgotten about his original purpose of cornering his little maid while she was defenseless to make her more acceptable to her punishment.

Lau Liu had informed him every single word of their conversation and he knows that his little maid found out she was played and gotten angry. Normally, he did not even bother if any of his servants disliked or hated him, so long as they obeyed his orders and did not mess up his plans.

What made her different from the other servants was he did not treat her as a normal maid. He had already decided to treat her like his own sister, but what he saw and feel diverges from how he feels around Long Lian.

Long Zhu heard his little maid's heavy footsteps and throw his worries into the back of his mind to be cross-examined later. He turned his face to Xiao Hua and upon seeing her, his rosy lips formed into a teasing smile.

Her long, glossy black hair was hanging loosely behind her, with few short strands sticking onto her small, damp face. He could see her clothes were worn with inexperienced hands. She was worrying her lower lips, refusing to look up from the ground.

"Serve the dinner," the 3rd prince called out, giving Xiao Hua time to get over her awkwardness. After that, he will continue with the discussion, albeit he no longer has the initial leverage.

Xiao Hua raised her head just in time to see An Jing and An Wan entered her bedroom with stacks of food boxes, carefully placing them on the small table.

An Wan carefully wiped the 3rd prince's hands with a wet cloth and An Jing was transferring the plate of dishes onto the table at the same time making an eye contact with Xiao Hua. Once Xiao Hua met her eyes, An Jing moved her gaze to the teapot.

Quickly understand what An Jing had tried to tell her, Xiao Hua grabbed the teapot and filled a cup of warm tea for the 3rd prince before placing it in front of him.

He picked up the cup and Xiao Hua noticed he hesitated for a second before drinking it. She could see that the 3rd prince clearly likes the tea, yet he seems reluctant to enjoy it.

He picked up his silver chopstick and picked some dishes to eat, but Xiao Hua noticed that as usual, he ignored the bowl of rice. She was curious why he would dislike eating rice. Le XiaoTing prefers eating rice during her meals.

Suddenly, he stopped eating and placed his chopstick down.

"Each one of you, pour yourself a cup of tea and drink. Tell this prince what it tastes like."

An Jing was the first to do as her master ordered, unlike An Wan and Xiao Hua that wondered why he would want them to do that.

"Please excuse this servant's rudeness." An Jing sipped the tea and her eyes widened in surprise.

"Master, this is?" An Jing stared at the 3rd prince with confusion.

"Tell this prince, what tea is this?"

"This servant personally brewed it. It's Lu' An Melon Seed Tea."

"Yes," The 3rd prince drawled and took a sip from his own cup. "Lu' An Melon Seed Tea, this prince's favorite."

"But master, this taste seems different from what this servant remembers," An Jing voiced out the problem.

The 3rd prince smiled as if satisfied with An Jing's answer. "An Wan, Xiao Hua, try it and tell this prince how it tastes."