Vol 5 Chap 154

Author's Note: Congrats to Blackie Snow, Rina0702, Katiebuddy for guessing correctly from previous chapter~

XH 154

Doctor Bai let out an amused chuckle. He was actually surprised at the amount of laughter he had around these two transmigrated kids in less than an hour. Perhaps because he does not need to maintain his guard or act with them?

"That crazy lady had not mistaken that gate is the path to Hell. She knew the gate's purpose is to seal the path to the demon's world. Those people that live near that area know about it and had strongly cautioned others from approaching that place."

They had warned others of the danger, but why do they still live there?

"Then how does she plan to revive her daughter?"

"Her daughter was actually thrown into the 'Pond of Lingering Death'. It was hearsay that the pond is linked to the demon's territory, based on the fact that humans never came back after entering the pond. Shen Ruyi, the mother, believed that she could find her daughter past the sealed gate."

"Fuck. She plans to bring back her daughter in exchange for the entire world's safety?" The Eighth Prince wondered what that crazy woman was thinking. "That's just selfish!"

Xiao Hua nodded in agreement. "She should have jumped into the pond instead of opening the gate."

"She did hate humans and no longer care for their being," Doctor Bai said.

"Then do you know where she is now? We should stop her before she opens the gate!" Xiao Hua said anxiously.

"It's still years before she has the strength to unseal the gate," Doctor Bai assured them. "She's currently healing herself inside Liu Chu Chu's spatial dimensional bracelet."

"Dark beauty?!" Xiao Hua and the Eighth Prince exclaimed in recognition.

"Dark beauty?" Doctor Bai looked amused. "That's a funny name."

"Blame Heise," Xiao Hua said. "Then we need to steal that bracelet from Liu Chu Chu!"

"Right... and it's super easy to do," the Eighth Prince said with thick sarcasm. "How are you going to do it? Catwalk into their base and ask her nicely?"

"Don't be stupid," Xiao Hua scolded the Eighth Prince. "We need to plan of course."

The Eighth Prince rolled his eyes and asked an important question. "You know how dark beauty will leave the space? She is a severely injured spirit without a body so she won't survive if she steps out of the space. Will she find a body later to possess?"

"You got it right. She will use Liu Chu Chu's body."

"That's rather sad."

The Eighth Prince shot Xiao Hua a surprised look. "Sad? You are sympathizing with Liu Chu Chu? I thought you hate her?"

Xiao Hua corrected the Eighth Prince. "I dislike her, yes, but it's such a sad fate for her. She will die knowing that there isn't a free cheat in the world."

Le XiaoTing had read many Chinese web novels with female leads armed with cheats that just popped out of nowhere to be gifted to them. The female leads hardly questioned their free cheats and quickly claimed ownership of them, despite having a powerful spirit tagging along with the cheat, either in form of cute animals, little cute babies, or hot overpowered males.

Fortunately for the female leads, their creator would never lead them to danger so the spirits accompanying the cheat often ended up as their pet, hubby or an inheritance given by their overpowered cheap parents.