Vol 4 Chap 121

Want to read the next chapters earlier? Visit my patreon page! https://www.patreon.com/chocolily

XH 121

Everyone in Guilin was celebrating. Their beautiful Empress was once again expecting a child!

When the Emperor heard it, he immediately awarded a bag of rice to every household and a bolt of second-grade quality cloth to every second and first rank minister. It showed just how happy the Emperor was of the news!

But there were also people that were not happy with the news.

A woman dressed in a mixture of few bright coloured clothes was smashing priceless items in her room. Her pure, adorable face was no longer in sight, replaced with an ugly expression of anger and jealousy. Concubine He might have played hard-to-get games with the Emperor but she made sure the Emperor always stayed at her place every night.

To her, it was revolting to touch that disgusting pig but to secure the throne for her son, she would bear with his ugly face and pretended that his irritating affections were working on her. It was only thanks to the drug she feeds the Emperor that allowed him to have an illusion of their nightly activities, saving her from dirtying her body with his slimy hands.

The only time she failed to lure the Emperor to her bed was during the Third Prince's birthday! Who would have thought the Empress' body was still fertile and gotten pregnant just from one night?

"Mother, stop it or you will hurt yourself." The Second Prince quickly stepped into the room without any care of the sharp pieces scattered over the floor. "Do not let your anger hurt your health."

"How could she be so lucky?" Concubine He snarled and smashed a pot of flower that had just bloomed. "It was just one time and she got it!"

Hearing the Empress pregnant poked Concubine He's sore spot in her heart. She had tried to get pregnant again with her love during their secret rendezvous, but no matter how many times they tried, she could not get pregnant!

"Shan Er', she must not give birth to that baby!"

"Calm down Mother, that man still adores you." Long Shan carefully guided his mother to stand at a spot without sharp broken pieces on the floor. "As long as you show your acceptance and encouragement of the Empress' pregnancy, he will believe you are kind and gentle."

"I don't want to accept it!" Concubine He roared with eyes filled with jealousy.

"The Empress's pregnancy would not last long."

Concubine He brightens. "You have a plan? You will stop her pregnancy?"

"We will speak of this in the next room. Chu Chu is there, waiting to greet you."

"Quickly bring me to see Chu Er'. Ask the servants to prepare steamed buns that my daughter loves."

Concubine He was very pleased with her future daughter in law. She was beautiful, intelligent, and talented in cultivation. In just half a year, her zero cultivation had jumped to the second rank! Not to mention, her being the disciple of the solitary Legendary Doctor Bai forced everyone to respect her!

"Mother, you do not need to worry. Chu Chu had prepared some dishes for you to try. You need to fill your stomach so you will have enough energy and maintain your good health. Your health is the most important, so leave your worries to us. We will handle it."

The usually cold prince was kind and thoughtful towards his mother, for she was the one that loved him and pursues a better life for him since he was a baby. His mother was the best he could ever ask for.