Vol 3 Chap 83 - I'm not Munzhu's spy

XH 83 - I'm not Munzhu's spy

Surprisingly, it was not Duan XiYing but An Jing that came to pick up Xiao Hua the next day. Despite the unexpected surprise, it cheered her up. Even if Duan XiYing's a pretty cool lady and quickly became her good friend, it was still An Jing's tenderness that acted like a balm to her frazzled soul. 

Her touch was gentle as An Jing helped Xiao Hua to get dressed and tied her usual hairstyle.

Her hair was forced to cut shorter thanks to the fire that had burned the lower ends into a coarse and wrinkly appearance. Before, her hair was waist length, but now it was in the middle of her back.

"Sister An Jing, can you tie the buns higher?" Xiao Hua suggested.

Not knowing what Xiao Hua wanted, An Jing still did what she wanted. After it was done, Xiao Hua gathered the rest of her hair that was not tied into buns and plaited them into a single, thick braid down the middle of her back.

Before, the feeling of having half of her long hair loose on her back felt nice and feminine, but now she wanted to tie them all up without hindering her movement or to distract her.

Le XiaoTing no longer had the bravery to follow 'Desire for beauty, Disregard her life' motto!

Yesterday, before the Third Prince left, he told her that she will be moving back to her room to rest. It was also to make things easier for Long Lian and the Eight Prince to visit her as Autumn Courtyard was a restricted area.

Xiao Hua managed to prod some information and it turned out that Autumn Courtyard was specially reserved for the Third Prince's VVIP guests to stay. Feng Jiu was one of his VVIP guests that no one other than the inner maids and secret guards knew about.

The secrecy made Xiao Hua even more curious but the Third Prince said if she manages to complete a task for him, he will let her know. Without needing to consider it, she immediately rejected it.

Did he still believe she did not know that the previous tasks that he had given were just a trap for her?! (°ㅂ°╬)

"Sister An Jing, can I visit Er Yen? I only knew that he's recovering but I would worry less if I could personally see how he's doing."

An Jing nodded with a smile. "You may."

With that, An Jing lifted Xiao Hua into her arms easily, carrying them out of the room and towards the next door.

The Third Prince had instructed An Jing to forbid Xiao Hua from walking and should only carry her when she needed to move. Despite the crazy amount of expensive medicine being used on Xiao Hua and the doctor had declared she had recovered, the Third Prince insisted she needed to have bed rest for another day.

Xiao Hua: This young lady got nothing to complain about other than being bored. ┐( ̄∀ ̄)┌

Da Bei was standing outside the room and his eyes were filled with curiosity when his mother brought Xiao Hua to the next room but did not stop them.

Xiao Hua's nose caught the smell of medicine and to a lesser extent, blood. The bed was occupied by Er Yen, who looked thinner and weaker than she remembered. Fortunately, Er Yen was awake and his eyes were rather alert.

An Jing sat Xiao Hua down on a stool beside the bed and stood at the far corner to give them the illusion of privacy. 

"I remember you came back to save me," Er Yen speaks first with a slightly hoarse voice due to a large amount of exposure to smoke. It will take some time for his voice to recover back to normal. "Thank you."

"You are welcome. I thank you as well." Xiao Hua returned the gratitude and smiled in a bittersweet way when she saw the confusion in his eyes. "You could have climbed out of the window first, but instead, you make sure I'm the first one to leave. So you saved my life as well."