I Markus x Reader I

WARNINGS: 

Request: please do Marcus, i haven't seen anyone write one with Marcus!

reader: android

edited: yes

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Markus let out a slow, pained groan as his eyes fluttered open. For a moment he called out softly for someone to help him. There was pain flowing across his battered body, setting his nerves alight with a dull ache. He couldn't tell where he was or what was going on.

Markus sat up, looking around. Markus flinched with surprise as his visual sensors failed him, a thick black fog taking over half of his vision. His fingers brushed over his face and he realized that one of his eyes was missing.

He slumped down into the muck underneath him. His mind was swimming with thoughts. A moment passed and Markus looked up again, his one working eye whirring in its socket, and it came to him where he was.

He was in a junkyard. 

A memory came back to him. He remembered Leo yelling at Carl. He remembered pushing the man to the ground and his owner's horrified expression as he yelled at Marcus to leave and never come back. 

Markus shook away the memories as he stood up. Piles of android parts, some still moving, sat around him like crawling hills of slick black insects. The sight made him shudder.

Movement from his left caught his attention, and he turned to see a horrific sight. 

You lay in a small ditch between two massive piles of android parts. One of your arms was flung over your face, and the other lay still. All of your limbs were still intact, but you were covered in dents and blue bruises. Your clothes were tattered and full of  Your LED was glowing a violent red as you cried out in distress.

Markus walked shakily over to you. When he neared the ditch, his knees crumbled and he collapsed next to you.

You opened your eyes and met his gaze, and he frowned, seeing the pain in your eyes.

"Markus...?" You murmured, gazing up at him with an empty stare. "What happened to your eye?"

The android pulled you out of the muck and into his arms. He cradled your body close to his chest, feeling awful. To see you hurt and confused, lying in a pile of muck with blue blood seeping out of your neck, arms, and legs was gut-wrenching for him. Markus felt like he had been hit by a truck. He was stuck in a ditch full of slithering androids. had no where to go, and to top it all off, he had dragged you in along with him.

"Markus?" You whispered again. Your boyfriend blinked and focused back on you. Markus let you go only to lean down and press a kiss to the crown of your head.

"You're damaged, [Name]," Markus remarked quietly, running a reassuring hand over your shoulders and torso. "Can you walk?"

You shook your head at him and began to cry. Tears fell from your eyelashes as you reached for his hand, clutching it in your own. Markus was immediately taken aback. He had never seen another android cry before. He didn't even know it was physically possible.

 "I already tried," you admitted. You wiped at the tears on your face, and looked back up at him. Markus pulled you into another brief, reassuring hug.

"I need to find a way out of here," he murmured, softly running his hands through your matted hair. He reached down and wiped away the tears running down your cheeks. "I'll get you out of here. Don't worry."

"Okay," you sighed, allowing him to lay you back down on a slightly cleaner patch of ground.

"I'll be back," Markus murmured. The android leaned down and kissed you softly on the lips before leaving.

After that, all you remembered was a pair of strong arms lifting you off the ground. Too weak to struggle, you could only rest your head against Markus' chest and let him carry you up and out of the junkyard. You felt his cold fingers pulling out the LED light on your forehead and a soft jacket being laid over your cold body. 

________________________________________________________________________

Your eyes fluttered open to see a man standing before you with his back turned to you. He looked vaguely like Markus - same build, skin color, and hair color. He was flipping through a book, his head turned so that you couldn't see his face.

You were propped up on a makeshift cot. The place you were in was dark and lit only by flickering fires that were spread out across the ground. You could hear water dripping from the ceilings into pools on the metal floor, creating a soft echo. 

You quietly stood up, swaying slightly as you did, and placed your hand on the man's shoulder. He turned around and met your gaze.

A surge of fear rushed through you as you looked up into the android's face. He was a man whose face looked just like Markus, except for a few certain things. His LED was gone, his eyes were different colors, and his limbs didn't match the rest of his body. He looked exhausted and fatigued, but his face lit up as soon as he saw you.

"...Markus?" You breathed. He pulled you into a hug, and you shakily returned it. 

"I look really different, I know," Markus murmured, wrapping his arms around your waist. You pressed your cheek against his chest and closed your eyes. 

"You look different," you said. "Where did you get this eye?" You reached up and took his face in one of your hands, rubbing your thumb underneath his royal blue eye. 

"I found it back at the junkyard," he said as you dropped your hand from his face. "I'm glad you're alright. I thought you might not make it."

You smiled up at him. You slipped a hand up to cradle his face before leaning up and kissing him softly on the lips. Your eyes fluttered shut as you kissed each other sweetly for a few short moments before breaking apart reluctantly

"I love you, Markus, but I'd love you a little more if you told me where I am." Markus grinned down at you and kissed you once more on the forehead before releasing you. 

"This is a boat called Jericho. It's become a haven for rogue androids like us."

"Jericho...?" You asked, your voice trickling off. "Are we still in Detroit?"

"Yes. We are still in Detroit."

A smile broke out on your face. "So we can be here together, without being owned, or ordered around, or any of that?"

"Yes."

You launched yourself at Markus, wrapping him in a hug. He caught you, surprised, and was about to say something when you started kissing as much of his face as you could reach (which was really only his chin and jaw).

"I love you, Markus. Thank you so much."

He smiled down at you. "I love you too. You're welcome."