I Connor x Reader I

WARNING: hospitals, graphic description of an injury, fluff, pain (yikes)

REQUEST: Can i request a Connor x Reader where the reader was chasing after an android that had killed someone and the reader chases after him into a building, but in the building on some stairs she falls and breaks her ankle. Hank tackles the android well Connor helps the reader and carries her to the hospital. Maybe some fluff after of connor and reader sitting on the couch watching movies and the reader's bandaged foot is on connors lap

For: @CrimsonReaper3513

reader: human

edited: no (but needs to be honestly this sucks)

______________________________________________________________________________

"We should just give up," Hank grumbled. "I can feel my lungs failing every minute that I spend in here."

You sighed softly and paused from your examination of the living room. You stepped on the carpet and cringed as it oozed with water.

"Let's just keep looking," you encouraged. "Just for a little while longer. We need something to bring back to the station." Connor said nothing and kept combing through the apartment.

The Detroit police department had received an anonymous tip that a dangerous deviant was hiding out in a high-rise apartment in Uptown Detroit. The chief of police sent you, Hank, and Connor to investigate. When the three of you arrived, you discovered a damp, disgusting apartment with black mold on the walls and paper scattered across the floor.

Half an hour passed. You were rifling through the contents of a desk drawer, looking for clues, when you heard a yell and a thud come from the bedroom. You stood up and peeked around the corner, catching the glimpse of a deviant disappearing through the front door. Hank started to run after him, Connor following right behind, vaguely aware of Hank calling for backup through his phone.

You sprinted after them into the hallway of the apartment building.

"He's gone down the stairs!" Hank shouted. He ran through the open door to the stairwell and started to chase the deviant down the stairs. You followed after him, Connor right behind you.

You ran down the stairs, taking step after step after step. You couldn't even see the deviant, but you could hear thundering footsteps in front of you and Hank's huffing breath as he chased the deviant down the stairs. It was like the staircases never ended - going down and down and down like a spiral staircase. It was making you dizzy.

The stairs seemed to never end. The apartment was so far up in the building that getting to the bottom took ages. Finally, you heard the door at the bottom of the stairwell swing open and watched as the deviant dashed out through the exit into the lobby . You panicked for a moment, and picked up your pace, trying to catch up. You stepped onto the next step and immediately knew that something was wrong. 

Your shoe slipped on the step and you immediately began to fall forward. It happened in an instant. One moment, you were standing at the top of the stairs, and the next you were lying in a heap at the bottom of the stairs, tears streaming down your face.

Your ankle was broken. You were almost sure of it. As soon as you hit the floor, you could hear the bone crack. It hurt like you had been shot in the foot. The rest of your body didn't feel much better. You had hurt your wrist as well, and you could feel the bruises on your arms. The pain was so intense that you felt yourself slipping in and out of consciousness. 

You heard Connor running down the stairs after you, but barely felt his hands on your back, rubbing circles into your clothed skin. 

"Are you alright?" He asked softly. You could hear the panic in his voice, and you could tell that he was trying to mask it as best as he could.

"My ankle," you choked, clapping a hand over your mouth. More tears spilled over, and that was all it took for Connor to turn gently turn you over onto your back. For a moment, you caught a glimpse of your ankle and flinched, grasping for his hand. Your ankle was swollen bigger than a grapefruit and was quickly turning purple. Seeing it caused a wave of nausea to bubble up inside you, and you looked away. 

Connor took your hand gently and squeezed it, his cool skin offering a sort of comfort. You looked up at him, watching his LED light turn yellow as he scanned your body for injuries. He pulled you up to rest against his chest, his free hand snug on your hip.

"Broken," he murmured, confirming your suspicion. Connor looked back down at you and squeezed your hand again. "Let's get you to the hospital."

Connor put a strong arm underneath your legs and picked you up off of the floor. You let out a soft whimper, and Connor looked down at you nervously. "It's okay," he reassured. "You'll be okay."

He lifted you the rest of the way off the ground. You sighed and rested your cheek against his shoulder.

"What about Hank?" You asked groggily. Connor started to walk out of the stairwell, and it was only then that you noticed the police officers that had practically invaded the lobby of the apartment building. They were talking to the receptionist at the front desk, and another pair was hauling the deviant off of the ground in handcuffs. Hank was standing by the door, his arms crossed, looking very pleased with himself.

"What the fuck happened?" Hank asked. 

"[Name] broke her ankle running after you," Connor explained. He walked out through the front doors of the apartment building to one of the police cars waiting outside. Connor opened the back seat and placed you gently across the seats, leaving you resting up against the door on the opposite side. He got in the front seat and started the car.

____________________________________________________________________________

Your time in the hospital lasted only for a few hours. Connor took you to the ER, holding your hand and trying to be reassuring throughout. When you were finally seen by a doctor, your ankle was wrapped up firmly in a [favorite color] cast. They gave you crutches, some pain meds, and a note to get you off work for a few months.

Connor drove you home and helped you inside and made you comfortable on the couch. At first, Connor made a promise to stay only half an hour. Cut to four hours later.

 The sun had set. You and Connor were cuddled up on the couch, watching movies together. Your ankle was wrapped up in a blanket and set on a pillow in Connor's lap. Your fingers were intertwined together. 

"This movie is so dumb," you said, resting your chin in your hand. Connor looked over at you with a smile. 

"Do you want to change it?" He asked softly, squeezing your hand. You shook your head.

"No," you smiled, meeting his gaze. Connor smiled deeply at you, a big, beautiful smile that made something inside you flutter with affection. "I get to watch it with you, so it's okay."

Connor reached out and pulled you to his side, and you put your foot up on the abdomen to avoid putting too much pressure on it. His arm slipped around your waist, and your hip pressed up against his.

"Thanks for taking care of me today Connor," you said quietly. You played with the tips of his fingers and smiled when you felt a soft kiss against the top of your head.

"Of course, [Name]. I'm just glad you're okay." Connor hesitated for a moment, doubt filling his deep brown eyes.  "I was really worried about you," he admitted. "I thought for a moment that you were hurt so badly you might need to be hospitalized or worse."

"What's worse than being hospitalized?" You joked, trying to lighten the mood.

"Death," Connor said quietly. There was a pause in the conversation.

"Oh," you murmured, a feeling of embarrassment washing over you. You wrapped your arms around Connor's shoulders and sighed as you felt his arms come up to hold you in an embrace. "Oh, Connor."

"I know, I know. It's silly."

"No, it's not," you said, stretching back from him a little. "It means a lot to me that you were so worried about me."

He smiled softly at you. "Of course."