I Connor x Reader I 1

WARNINGS: graphic mention of murder, graphic mention of android suicide

Also! Do not worry - there will be probably four parts to this particular story. (It doesn't end here!)

PART 1/4

reader: human

edited: yes

_____________________________________________________________________________

You gazed at the familiar house as you stepped out of your car into the cold. Shocked, you stepped onto the curb, making your way up the driveway.

About fifteen minutes ago, you received a phone call on your way home from work that your uncle had been murdered. The DPD needed you at the scene of the crime right away to help explain what happened and point out possible clues. It shocked you beyond words. You never thought that something like this would happen to you.

You crossed by the police tape and walked into the front garden. The usually green lawn was dusted by a light layer of frost, making it look like the grass hadn't been touched in weeks. Water pooled in the cracks in the cobblestone walkway. You knocked on the door, shivering and rubbing your hands together. After a few moments, the door opened and you were greeted by an android who reached out his hand for a handshake. 

"Hello, Miss [Last name]. My name is Connor, a RK800 android deployed by Cyberlife to assist Lieutenant Anderson in this investigation. It is nice to meet you."

You reached forward to grasp his hand and were taken aback for a moment by the emotion in his gaze. His handsome brown eyes showed kindness and sympathy, and his smile was compassionate.

"It's nice to meet you too, Connor," you replied, following him into the house. 

You were immediately overwhelmed by the scene. The house was dark and barely lit, the main light source being the red and blue police sirens glaring through the windows. There was yellow police tape everywhere. Several police officers, guns hanging from their hips, walked around the whole first floor (kitchen, living room, and dining room), searching the perimeter of the house for evidence.

"If you'll please follow me upstairs, Miss [last name]," Connor requested, walking to the staircase. "Please watch your step and mind the blood."

You blanched at the sight of dried blood splattering your aunt and uncle's floral wallpaper. You already knew whose blood it was, so you followed the android quickly up the steps into the master bedroom. 

The sight that greeted you at the top of the stairs almost made you vomit. Your uncle was lying on the floor, his blood spread across the wall behind him, dripping down onto the hardwood. You thanked God you couldn't see his face, but you sure as hell could see the rest of him. His blood stained skin, his limp hands, the stab wounds leaking blood... it was too much.

"Oh, my god!"

You immediately turned around and covered your face with your hands, tears streaming down your face. Crouching down, you closed your eyes, desperately trying to forget that terrible scene. You were never really that close with him, but that didn't make the sight any less disturbing. 

You felt a cold hand on your shoulder. "Miss [last name], are you alright?" You looked up at Connor, who was standing over you, visibly concerned. The android hesitated for a moment, before continuing. 

"I have heard that humans have difficulty dealing with loss. Is this the case?"

You shook your head. "We weren't that close," you whispered hoarsely, wiping away the tears. "It's just - it just surprised me, that's all." You rubbed at your eyes, standing back up and taking a deep breath. "Let's just get this over with."