• 6. He knows already! •

"Hm...show me another angle yes like that and keep your right hand on the waist, chin up a bit..yeah perfect!"

Click!

"Oh wow! What a hot pic aunty... let's send it to your son."

"Hmmm... I feel so energized. It was so much fun Mannu."

"See! Didn't I tell you, you will fall for me right on our first date and ditch your son."

Maanvi smirked.

"What can this poor lady do but fall for your charms. Tumhare saamne toh sab kuch pheeka pad gaya."( Compared to you everything seems bland. )

"Ab pata chala uss chalu ke paas itni mithi zabaan kaise aayi."
( Now I understood where that smarty-pants got his silver tongue from. )

Teasing her new friend, Maanvi continued. After all, not everyone can handle her naughty side. But this lady inspite of being from other generation somehow brought out the devil in her.

She put her arm around the lady's shoulders and winked.

"Toh, rishta pakka samjhein?" ( Then, should I take it as a yes? )

"Jaisa tum kaho." ( As per your wish. ) Saying that Pragya put her free hand around Maanvi's waist.

Their moment was disturbed by the devil's call. Other times seeing his name in caller's id would have irritated Maanvi but she knew today there were only 2 possible reasons, one could be his worry about his mother and other reason to ask about updates concerning the hopefully upcoming wedding of Virika, yes that's how these two would refer to that pair ever since they shared their love for the ship. Hopefully it would sail soon.

"Hello."

"You two are joining me for lunch. We need to shop for the wedding."

"What? Oh god...So that means our ship is finally sailing. That's great. We're at R mall. Let's meet at the food court."

"Sure. Oh, and once again Thanks."

Virat took the opportunity to just get it over with, since he wasn't used to expressing his heartfelt emotions with someone other than Viren and Pragya.

"No problem, but I want something as payment."

And she hung up the phone.

After a while Virat received the message.

Your appreciation would matter a lot.

He understood what she meant.

He immediately sent a reply to the picture and smiled thinking of how his mother would react to it.

Looking hot, mom!❤

Seems like Maanvi was good at not only understanding professional things but also at personal relationships.

A thought came to his mind. Maybe, just maybe this could work out. After all, she had passed the most important criteria. Nothing else mattered.

___________________________________

Here, our dear heroine seems to be in a dilemma. Her parents had informed her of their approval though they told her they would discuss it in detail after she returns home. Of course, such things shouldn't be said over the phone. But their purpose was to take off the burden over her shoulders about her answer. They knew she wanted to know about their approval first or she would worry herself over it to no end. But now, she remembered about Mr.Aggarwal's meeting. She had to get back to his secretary Neha about timing. But she felt a bit awkward and embarrassed about calling him. She wouldn't dare to call him by his name even in her mind because it would make her blush to no end.

'Oh god, what do I do? Please help me. This is so awkward.'

But then another thought hit her.

'His mom said that she's talking to me first so he might not know about it yet. Aunty left just 10 mins before and it takes about at least 20 mins from here to go to Vadhera mansion. So he might not know.'

Poor Jeevika was about to get a shock.

'Jeevika, just pretend as if nothing has happened. He won't realize anything is amiss. Yes. Make it work.'

She called him,
"Viren Sir, I..um.."

"Hmm?"

'Calm down Jeevi, don't let him know.'

"Sir, Mr. Aggarwal wants to meet you today. What time would be convenient? I need to get back to Neha in an hour."

"4.30 pm would be fine."

"Ok. Sir."

And she yelled a yes in her mind but her happiness wasn't for long.

"Oh, Jeevika, for now, it's fine since it was work. But get used to calling me by my name. You can't call me Sir at home right?"

She could hear his chuckle. She was too embarrassed to say anything. Other times would be okay to hang up first since they're getting married but as he said just now it was work phone call so etiquettes needed to be followed.

"Goodnight Sir!"

Hearing her hanging up Viren laughed out loud. She was clearly embarrassed. In fact too embarrassed to notice that it was still afternoon and in her haste she wished him goodnight. He laughed, even more, thinking of how she would react when she would realize this naive mishap of hers.

He laid down on his bed with his arms behind his head.

"Jeevika, what are you doing to me? Hmm...well from now on every night of mine is going to be a good one, best ones will be when you would be beside me. Hopefully soon."

___________________________________

A short chapter I know but that's how it's gonna be for this one..of course other chapters will be longer. Hope you guys likes this surprise early update. A bit of fluffiness to compensate for my absence and reward for your patience.

On one side, our Virika are getting married and on other side,
Maanvi and Pragya are coming closer as buddies but will this relationship turn into something else?

And what is this random thought that crossed Virat's mind? Will it lead to something new?

Again, this story crossed it's highest ranking. It has ranked #87 in SHORT STORY😁 Keep supporting guys😘

Published on 19th June, 2018