• 12. The journey begins •

The bride for the day slept comfortably and snuggly enjoying the warmth all she could. Pragya smiled looking at the kid hugging her. It's been so long since someone slept beside her like this, making her feel as if she was all they need. But Manvi was surely special. She was given her own room till she got married to Virat, but this girl would always sneak into her room at night and sleep hugging her making Pragya feel as if she was Manvi's world. And, truly she was.

Manvi woke up a while back, but she didn't leave the bed immediately. As per routine, she would just enjoy her mother's warmth. Only she knew, how glad she was about Pragya being her mother-in-law instead of her mother because she would never be able to bear the separation from her. Manvi's happiness knew no bounds these days. It was as if, all the previous hard sufferings were a test for this heaven she was experiencing now. She reminded herself every day to make these people happy as they did for her. And, her husband would be thanked in a special way of course. She smiled, thinking about her plans for her husband.

______________________________

Manvi and Virat signed the documents and the lawyer left informing them, he would send the marriage certificate as soon as the procedure is completed. Both of them had opted for a simple marriage as Pragya's family had disowned her long back when she got married. And her husband's family did not appreciate her either, holding her responsible for their son's death. Besides, the only family she valued was in attendance, so nothing else mattered. Jeevika's parents were also in attendance, showing their support and both the parties could not be more glad to make their acquaintance. Seeing their daughter again and the glances she shared with her husband were enough to let them know, how happy their daughter was. She even told them excitedly, how her in laws liked what she made for pehli rasoi (ritual where the bride cooks something for the first time in the kitchen). Her excitement was like that of a child showing the prize they got, to their parents.
______________________________

They bid adieu to the two brides, as they left for Jaipur.

"Our daughter looked so happy."

"Hmmmm...just like we did when we got married."
He put his arm over Mandira's shoulder pulling her closer teasing her like he always did. As always, she blushed giving him the chance to hug her.

______________________________

The two couples sat in one car while the other 3 sat in another. Pragya and Priya could not stop gushing over their happiness about getting promoted from maa(mother) to sasumaa(mother-in-law).
Priya and Naremdra smiled when Pragya shared how Manvi was sleeping with her all these days, before wedding. The pair exchanged smiles, seeing the happiness on her face after so long. They thanked their stars for getting such understanding daughter-in-laws.

"By the way, since Virat and Manvi got married only today, let them sleep in separate rooms. Dadi sa would anyways want them to spend their first night in haveli once she gets to know. If she learns, they spent the night in hotel she won't like it."
Priya said, with the teasing glint in her eyes.

"Oh Priya, just accept that you want to torture my poor boy."

"Oh please, don't try to act so innocent. You want to do the same. Looking at your son's eagerness, it would be nice to test his patience this once. Besides, Manvi would enjoy this chance to tease him a lot. It will be definitely fun."

"Yes, you caught me. And of course, I would support her against my son everytime."

Narendra laughed, imagining Virat's poor face at knowing that they won't be sharing the room tonight. Little did he know, he won't be so excited when he learns that he would be suffering the same fate of sleeping in separate room with his son.
______________________________