THIRTEEN.

❛ when i found you i found
the rest of my life. ❜
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

AN ANXIOUS RIVER strolled up to Ronnie who was currently sitting on the couch with her eyes fixed on a book that was placed in one of her hands while the other gently stroked along the thick white fur on Blue's back as he rested peacefully. He exhaled a shaky breath, swallowing the nervous lump that formed at the back of his throat as he finds a seat at the edge of the coffee table, sitting directly athwart from her.

Ronnie pauses upon taking notice of how quiet and timorous he appeared to be. Starting to grow worried, she places the book aside and adverts her attention on her boyfriend. "Babe, you okay?" She reaches forward and grabs his hand, instantly intertwining their fingers together.

"Yeah." River guffaws, clearing his throat after sensing Ronnie's concern. He bites at the plump skin of his lips before he finally begins to speak. "I know that we've only been together for a little over two months now but I wanted to give you something to show how happy being with you has made me." He rises to his feet and disappears to the back of the apartment, leaving a perplexed Ronnie sitting there nervously waiting.

River walked into his bedroom and staggered to the dresser where he previously hid Ronnie's present a few days ago after purchasing it from the mall. He dug through the messy pile of shirts before finally spotting the small boxed gift that was neatly wrapped in multicolored wrapping paper. A soft smile curls onto his lips as he grabs it and heads back to the front of the room.

Ronnie's still sitting there waiting with a confused expression marring her face one he reappears. With the gift tucked behind his back, River eases his way back onto the couch next to Ronnie - shifting his body so that they're facing one another. A plethora of questions began to circulate around her mind.

"Babe, you're making me nervous."

"Don't be." He retorts in an assuring tone, gently caressing the silken skin on her thighs with his thumbs, decreasing the worried concerns that wandered around in her mind. "Just close your eyes."

She stares cautiously at him then eventually obliges his command. She squeezes her eyes shut and patiently awaits. River displays the gift in front of him and tells Ronnie to open her eyes. She softly flutters her eyes open and looks down at the small gift that was placed in River's hands. Before she has a chance to bombard him with a question, he's already putting the box into her hands.

She sends him a hesitant look before she began to tear off the wrapping paper that exposed the small velvet colored box underneath. Ronnie pries the box open that revealed a diamond encrusted necklace and a matching bracelet that glistened brightly under the illuminating lights. She gasps - blinking away the tears that brimmed at the edges of her eyes and picked up the bracelet, reading the words that were carved on the side.

Thank you for being the light in my darkest days.

Ronnie chuckles, sniffling and wiping away the salted tears that spilled from her eyes, looking up at River whom she stared at with such admiration. "Do you like it?"

She shakes her head and for the slightest of moments, River began to feel defeated until she said "No, I love it."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah." She retorts before scooting towards the edge of the couch, moving her body closer to his. She captures his chin within her thumb and index finger, flickering her eyes to his lips then softly pressing hers against his. Their mouths work together, moving in synch as River licks at her bottom lip - wiping away the salted tears that he tasted on them.