Chapter 12

"He's back?" Haley asked in disbelief.

"Yeah" I say, referring to Daniel.

"What has he been up to?"

"I don't know. Everyone acts as if he never left." I shrug.

Haley and I are currently in the shopping centre, ready to buy some new clothes for my makeover. I don't want to be the scared little good girl who suddenly became a mess. If I was going to be a mess. I was going to be a hot mess.

Haley reached out her arm and grabbed me. She dragged me into Victoria Secret.

"I don't need underwear." I stated. "I need new clothes"

"Maya, you have to start with underwear before you go into buying clothes."

She picked up a lace black and red thong with a matching bra. She wiggled her eyebrows at me while holding the two pieces up.

"No." I say to her sternly.

"Oh come on" she winked. "It's sexy."

I shook my head.

"Fine.Your loss."

Haley went out of the shop with a Victoria Secret's bag in her hand, some things she picked up for herself. I came out empty handed. When I asked Haley to go shopping with me she asked me why I suddenly wanted a makeover. I just told her that I just lost my friends and I needed a fresh start. So here we are.

"You should try this on." Haley holds up the third sleeveless short dress.

"I told you, I want sleeves." I say to her for the millionth time today.

"But why?" she asks sincerely.

I glance down at my wrist for a second. When I look up she's staring at my wrist. After what seemed like forever she finally removed her gaze and looked at me. Her eyes were sad and sympathetic. I started to tear up. She walks over to me and grabs my wrist gently. She looks up at me as if asking for reassurance. I begin to pull away but then stop myself. Maybe it's better that she knew. I braced myself for her to pull my sleeve up but she lets go of my wrist and she presses the dress against me.

"Try it on." her glare was terrifying.

I went to the fitting rooms. As I undressed myself I stared at the dress that was going to be on my body. The dress is a very dark navy with a criss cross string at the cleave area. It has no sleeves and no straps. I've never worn a tight dress or a revealing dress. I did wear dresses.. a lot. They were all very girly and cute. The dresses were mostly all knee-length and slightly poofy. I had a white with red polka dots dress. It was vintage with two straps tieing together at the nape of my neck. But this. I look at the dress, feeling the material. This is sexy and daring. Am I ready? Am I going to feel stupid? Am I going to be scared? Before I could procrastinate any further I slipped on the dress. I stare at my reflection. I remove the bobbin that's holding my hair up and let it fall against my shoulders. You know I don't look bad. I look down at my wrist. The scars are fading, they're not too noticeable. I hate the reminder of what I did on my wrist. I take a deep breath ready to get away from all that. I open the curtains and Haley's mouth immediately opens in shock.

"You look amazing" she exclaims.

"Thanks" I say smiling looking down at the dress.

We ended up buying a lot of things after. I got more dresses. All of them are tight and short. I got some skinny ripped jeans with a bandeau crop top. My favourite outfit that I got was camo pants and a black leather jacket with heeled boots. I can't wait to wear it.

Haley and I decided to go and eat. We went straight to McDonalds. My second favourite place. My first being Dominos. When we got our trays we took a seat at the back, beside the window. I started eating, devouring the food.