Ch.VII Married to a stranger

"You look gorgeous, Jane," praises Nathaniel

"You shouldn't be here. It's bad luck to see the bride before the ceremony," scolds Tess.

Nathaniel lets his sister-in-law pushes him out of the dressing room.

Jane stares to the back of her palm. Badhu's sister has drawn some symbols for good luck in marriage.

(I really would need it. Married to a playboy like him. God help me).

Sam leads the bride to the aisle, acted as her father. Nathaniel frowns when Badhu whispers something to him. He smiles to the bride. Jane looks dead nervous.

Nathaniel whispers back to his best man, "Go and arrange everything."

"Milord, you just got married," protests him.

"Jane would come with me. You have arranged for her papers too, right?"

"Of course I did, Milord."

The bride is standing next to him.

Nathaniel says, "Badhu, go."

"Yes, Milord."

He gives the rings to Nathaniel. He bows slightly before he leaves the spot.

The ceremony ended too soon. A kiss to her lips sealed it. Just a peck. And that's it.

(It's done. I'm his wife now. A guy like him would never be satisfied with a woman. I just have to guard my heart. I mustn't love him).

Nathaniel leads his wife away after shaking hands with few guests. His grandmama still wouldn't speak with him. She's upset because he has chosen a farmer girl, an illegitimate daughter over all the beautiful debutantes in London. Ladies with good backgrounds.

Nathaniel hugs his grandmama tightly.

And he whispers, "Be good now. Don't pretend to be sick anymore. I would sue Dr. Freud if he aided you in phony illness again."

His grandma gasps a little but she says nothing.

Nathaniel whispers again, "Crisis in the east. I must go. I'll be back in few months, grandmama."

A kiss to her forehead.

"Be safe," says his grandma.

"I will," says Nathaniel.

He holds his bride's hand and leads her out of the church. To a carriage parked outside.

Nathaniel helps her climbs the stairs into the luxurious carriage. And he closes the door. The carriage moves quickly, leaving the church behind them.