Ch.VIII Sweet honeymoon?

(Venice, Queen of Adriactic

(Venice, Queen of Adriactic. No wonder they called this town in this manner. Even from the harbor, I could tell it's a magnificent city).

Jane is still standing at Port area. Staring to the ships sailing or embarking in this harbor. Nathaniel has left to arrange paperwork for them. Badhu has stayed behind to protect her.

"It's done. Now we have two days to explore this town," announces Nathaniel while swinging his walking cane.

His white cravat is tied in latest trend. His brown boots might look simple and ordinary. But it's made from good sturdy materials.

The cost for his clothes could feed a poor family for a week or two. He is the spitting image of a proud rich and lazy aristocrat.

Jane still couldn't believe it. In the past, she had many wedding proposal from hard working farmers. Yet, twisted fate has tied her up to this playboy.

(He treated me nicely. I know I should be grateful. All these fancy clothes, shoes and jewelries. There's no love between us. It's a marriage for mutual benefits. Still...I hope he would only look at me. Not flirting with other women).

Jane stares to Nathaniel while he is asking a lot of questions from a local maiden. As usual, the woman replies him in a seductive manners. It seems he always attracted women wherever he goes.

"Sorry to keep you waiting, Jane," apologizes him.
.
"I've never been here. So I need to ask direction from her."

"It's okay. I don't mind to wait," says her.

(If she flirted you any longer, I might strangle her little long neck...)

Nathaniel smiles as if he could read her mind.

He says, "Follow me. We need to explore this town before our boat depart the day after tomorrow."

Holding hands with her husband in the street of Venice. Sounded like a romantic novel, which Sophia likes to read.

Venice, the city of Canals.

Now she understands why. It's easier to travel by canal than by land. Even houses are built at side of canal.

 Even houses are built at side of canal