Chapter 14: Beach Race

Max Jure opened his eyes to find himself in new clothes. He sat up to see he slept on a actual mattress inside a small, but dim apartment. Bricks made up the walls and the small kitchen was placed in the corner. The restroom door was placed next to the bed he slept on, and a small television was placed next to a small desk.

The driver opened walked towards him with a glass of water and smiled, "morning sleepy-head. Hope you slept well."

Max blushed as he marveled over the driver's feminine beauty. He watched as the driver's hair shifted to one side of the driver's small face as the driver smiled and offered him water. He grabbed the water with shaky hands and began sweating as he stuttered, "th-thank you."

"You're sweating a lot there, I hope you don't have a fever," the driver placed their hand onto his forehead, to which Max began blushing harder.

Max backed away, only to notice Violet still sleeping next to him. He screamed out and fell off the bed onto the wooden floor. She rubbed her eyes as she sat up, "h-huh? We have to wake up already?"

"No Vi, you can go back to sleep. Max seems to be a little more rude than we expected," Chris spoke from the corner. He turned around on his swivel chair to face them. Max looked to him with more confusion, now being able to notice the charm in his chiseled face and slicked to the side, brown hair. He looked behind him to see a computer monitor and a lamp set up on the desk he noticed earlier. He squinted harder to see a large helmet next to it.

Max stood up and rubbed his head, "n-no! I'm very sorry, but uhh, I'm just a little confused. Who exactly are you people?"

Lukas stood up from the bed across Max's and yawned as he stretched. Max looked around and noticed three beds other than his, all without sheets and pillows. Lukas grunted as he scratched his head, ruffling his dirty blond hair, "we can't tell you that, sorry. You'll find out sooner or later though."

Mel waved Executioner off before dashing straight into her sister. She glared as she asked, "why are you fighting me on this?"

"Ouch," Rem rolled her eyes and stood up, "thanks for the apology sis." Her sarcastic tone rang in Mel's mind.

She stood up and shook her head as she scolded her, "what's wrong with you?"

Rem's eyes widened, "what's wrong with me? Are you really asking me that right now? Fuck off, you're the one who left us."

"You're going to tell me that I'm the one being a bitch? Do you think I wanted to play that game in the first place?! No, Bethany just wanted me to play with her and help me find some actual friends. It was never our full intentions to get stuck there," Mel drew her sword.

Rem cried out, her voice breaking mid way through her sentence, "but look what you did next, you left to play another one! Look what you're doing now!"

Mel's eyes shifted down out of guilt, "Remedy, I swear this one's different."

"Bullshit!" Rem cried harder.

"No, I promi-"

"You dragged Beth into TWO, even after she lost Anthony! You want to know where Beth is at now?! You don't see how inconsiderate you are! Then you leave your friends behind to hang out with some smokers who will never get anywhere with their life?! "Actual Friends" my ass. You being here makes no difference to me. You weren't even there when mom or dad died. It's so fucking hard to be you though, right? "Destroyed by a video game" that's what they all say to people like you, but little do people know that if you look from the perspective of other people, the family is devastated too."