Chapter 24: New Game

Heruseus couldn't help but smile as he watched Rubi disappear in his arms. He stood up and glared as he looked at Tharza, struggling to move, stunned physically and mentally.

"Was... was that," Tharza drowned in her words. "Laina? No, it can't be... How... I... How?"

"Everyone!" Heruseus held up an iron sword, "our enemy is almost done! Press on our attack!"

Everyone nodded and rushed towards Tharza with the normal weapons they had. "No!" Tharza forced off the paralysis effect, blowing Chumbus and Lizardon back. With intense speed, she quickly beheaded Chumbus and jabbed her sword into Executioner. The Hearts of Light fought on. Mel took quick aim but shot her wave too late. Tharza appeared in front of her and snapped her thin blade in two.

"Melody!" Heruseus called out to her, "move!" Too shocked to move, Mel fell to her knees after Tharza implanted her white and red blade in her chest.

"I'm... sorry," Mel coughed out blood as she looked at Heruseus. Tharza laughed as she took the pin out of the tire. Blood rushed everywhere from Mel's chest, and she disappeared before her bust hit the floor.

Tharza quickly sprinted towards Kat with a deadly glare planted securely on Tharza's face. Before she could connect, Lizardon tackled her. He quickly got up and took a step back. Tharza pointed her blade towards him, and darted forward.

Kat lunged forward, allowing herself to be split in two as Lizardon watched. Unfortunately, Tharza only sliced her way through Kat to reach him. She quickly impaled him, and sliced upwards.

Heruseus shook his head and cried out as he charged. He watched Tharza closely and blocked her right swing. "Why are you doing this?!" he cried out as he forced her back.

"I thought I told you," Tharza grunted as she zipped forward again. Heruseus caught her blade again, creating a large clink that rung in their ears. "Power. You aren't taking away what is rightfully mine!"

Heruseus pushed her back again. The two stopped momentarily, shooting daggers with intense glares as they panted heavily. The two leaders stared directly into each other's eyes, craving nothing more than the removal of the other's existence. Tension so thick filled the air as they stood still, time passing slowly. Heruseus felt his senses slow and corrode, he knew that the next attack would be his last. He nodded as he noticed it be the same for his opponent. Tharza's arm twitched as she struggled to lift her blade, and blood trickled from a wound from her head.

The boy with dirty blond hair collected himself and stood as the new man he was to become. He held up his sword and screamed as he ran towards her, knowing the odds were not in his favor. Tharza cried back, her sword aimed at his quick beating heart. Heruseus quickly put up his blade to parry her attack, only to see it shatter completely. His eyes widened and his heart dropped ten storeys. A bright light flashed overhead as Tharza made her last and final connection with his heart.

Heruseus opened his eyes with panic. He stood up quickly and looked around to find himself in a completely new area. "Hmm? This... this isn't Creature Inn..." He knelt down to feel the blue grass, and dug deeper to reveal darker blue soil. He stood back up and looked to a bright orange sky.

"It's only like that when day shifts to night," a voice said behind him. "Beautiful, huh?" Heruseus jumped and carefully looked behind him. A girl with long, wavy hair of mint green smiled as she leaned on a tree. She wiped sweat from her dark skin, and her dark brown eyes seemed to glisten. "Oh! Did I scare you?"

He tilted his head and reached for his sword. He bit his lip as he remembered Tharza broke his last one. With that memory, he opened up his inventory and silently celebrated. He inhaled deeply before walking slowly towards the girl. "Where are we?" he asked without introducing himself.