Chapter 25 - New Dawn

Scarlett

Today was the day that I arranged to come talk alliances with Callum's father, Alpha Walsh and Alpha Lawson from the Tidewater Pack. And since Romain has recovered fully in the two weeks since Eva left, and has his mate Aoife by his side, I left him in charge of the pack while I'm gone....both my mate Raphael, now officially an Alpha now, and my Beta Julian accompanying me for the meeting. This is an alliance talk with two other packs after all...having the Alpha pair and Beta makes it more official.

Also accompanying are a few of my best Warriors, as per regulation, consisting of Mariah, Grant, Tyson, and Brazil...this being Brazil's first official protection detail off of the territory.

We're arriving in Virginia by plane, then driving to the New Dawn territory after that.

"They'll have the car waiting for us five minutes before our plane lands Scarlett, which should be in twenty minutes." Mariah murmurs to me from across the row, I'm not sure why she's whispering, our group are the only ones in first class.

"That sounds good, tell Callum's father that we'll be arriving within an hour." I reply, and notice the hardened expression she gets at the mention of Callum's name...no doubt she's still upset about the event that occurred when the young Alpha visiting our pack.

....

"Alpha Blackrose, can I speak with you in private?" Mariah asks, and I can see by the expression on her face that this is serious.

"Of course, let's go to my office."

We climb the stairs, quickly reaching my office and enter to begin this conversation.

"What is so important that you must speak to me in private?" I ask curiously, the look on her face clearly pissed.

"Eva's mate is an arrogant asshole!" She growls, her eyes flashing as her wolf talks with her.

"And what brought this on?" I question with narrowed brows. I already agree, but I still want to know what's got the usually stoic Mariah fuming.

"He was flirting with Juniper even though she bares a mark! He has a mate, why in the hell is he going to flirt with someone else especially if they are marked themselves?!" She explains, and my scowl deepens. No wonder she's pissed...I would be too if someone was flirting with Raphael.

"I have no idea.  Did you confront him?"

"No I wasn't there.  Juniper came home all upset about it though, and she wouldn't lie about it. Plus, I've heard rumors that Juniper isn't the only one he flirts with.  Before I was just hoping it was rumors or at least just in his nature to be friendly, but now that I know for sure that he does flirt with people, I felt it necessary to tell you."

"I can't do much without proof, and telling Eva would break her heart." I frowned, not liking this situation at all.

"I know. Apparently he doesn't deserve her.  She accepted him ignoring her own feelings for another."

"You know?"

Mariah chuckles.  "It is quite obvious to everyone here about those two.  We all secretly hoped that they would just openly admit their feelings and fate would be in their favor.  I guess that didn't come through."