CHAPTER FIFTY SIX

The Deepest Cut

- KAIA -

I hurriedly got down from the private plane. If it's not for Natalia who became crazy again about something and almost chained me in london. I'm not going to be late. She keeps on telling me that she got the vibe that something was terrible to happen, well she's sometimes like that and I'm used to it - her so called gut feeling.

But I can't go after her vibe, today is Skylar's 18th birthday, I need to be there. I received a message from her a while ago for the location of the party. She told me also that our friends are present waiting for me as well. My smile widened when I took another glimpse of my gift to her.

I hold it in my hand, it's a small box with the most amazing ring in it. I want to propose to her. I know it's still early for us..hell yeah I'm 18 and she just turned 18 but I'm really sure that she's the one for me. About her family, her brothers already  accepted us, the only problem is her dad. But I can prove to him that I'm a good person and that I love her daughter and Skylar deserves to be happy and I know she can when I'm with her by her side.

I slid back the small box in my pocket and drive fast to the venue. My body feels so tired but it won't stop me from seeing the love of my life.

So here I am, The Avenue Hotel.

I parked the car and almost ran going to 31st floor. It's a good thing that it's not crowded here and my disguised was enough to cover me up 'cause I don't want another reason to delay my eagerness to see her.

The elevator dinged open and I got in. While it's working going up my nervousness got risen.

'' calm down kaia, calm down. She'll say yes to you...right she'll say yes '' I murmured to myself while tapping my fingers at the elevator wall and....

29th

30th

31st 

door opened...

I took another run. There are lots of doors and I'm not sure which was the one for her, so I've read the notice of today's events one by one until finally I stopped to the last one for skylar.

if I should've know I'd started from the last one.

With a hammering chest I slowly open the door. My feet got frozen and my eyes instantly watered when I saw that asshole  Aidan kneeling infront of her. Her entire family were also at the center and everybody were cheering for them.

is he proposing to the same girl that I was also about to ask later with the same question??

Then I heard him saying it.

'' skylar will you marry me? ''

fuck he is!

Skylar was holding her chest, was she happy? does she just want me to be here to see this and intentionally break my heart??

why? why?

and Aidan was holding her hand so she said yes, right she said yes and I couldn't take it anymore. I can't see them together.

Fuck!!!! fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skylar how could you do this to me. You know how much I love you and again you just broke my heart, you cut me so deep that right now at this very moment I could die.

'' why you kept on breaking my heart? '' I mumbled to myself that was really intended for her. Without taking another look I closed the door and walked away crying.