Chapter 1

"Bella, we're leaving. His words echoed through my mind. I took a deep breath. He continued on. "Carlisle can barely pass for thirty,and he's claiming thirty-three now. We have to start over soon anyways." I stared at him trying to understand what he meant. Then the words settled in. "When you say we—," "I mean my family and myself." Each word separate and distinct.  "What happened with Jasper—that was nothing,Edward! Nothing!" "You're right," he agreed. "It was exactly what was to be expected. Especially from a clumsy human like you around a coven of vampires." "No! This is about my soul isn't it?" I shouted, furious, the words exploding out of me— somehow it still sounded like a plea. "Carlisle told me about that, and I don't care, Edward. I don't care! You can have my soul. I don't want it without you—it's your's already!" "Well sorry to disappoint you love but I don't want it." he laughed coldly. " You . . . don't . . . want me."  I tried out the words confused by the way it sounded, placed in that order.  "No how could I your just a weak and fragile human." I stared, it felt like he had just ripped out my heart and lit it on fire. "What happened the other night opened my eyes. I'm . . . tired of pretending to something I'm not, Bella. I'm not human. I've let this go on much to long. My mother always told not to play with my food but it's just so fun. I'm getting bored now."  "Don't." My voice was just a whisper now; awareness was beginning to seep through me, tricking like acid through my veins. "Don't do this."   He just stared at me, and I could see from his eyes that my words were far too late. He already had.  "Don't worry Bella it will be like I never existed. You won't see me or my family anymore."  His words hit me like a ton of bricks. "Alice . . . she's leaving too?"   "All of us Bella. Goodbye"  There was a light, unnatural breeze. My eyes flashed open. The leaves on a small vine maple shuddered with the gentle wind of his passage. He was gone. With shaky legs, ignoring the fact that my action was useless, I followed him into the forests hoping that he would lead me to Alice. . . the girl I was secretly in love with. The evidence of his path had disappeared instantly. There were no footprints, the leaves were still again, but I walked forward without thinking. I could not do anything else I had to keep moving. If I stopped looking for him, it was over. I would never see Alice again. I walked and walked. Time mad no sense as I pushed slowly through the thick undergrowth. It was hours passing, but also only seconds. Maybe it felt like time had frozen because the forest looked the same no matter how far I went. I started thinking about what happened and I stared shaking with anger. I hated Edward Cullen. With a great passion too. The shaking got worse and I felt my bones starting to break. I heard my clothes ripping and I looked down and saw the white paws of my wolf. My wolf was my deepest darkest secret not even my mother or father knew. I know my mom had a affair with Billy Black and along came me. I was the rightful alpha of the Quileute pack but I would let my brother Jacob be the alpha. The wolves don't know about me and  I plan on keeping it that way. I had imprinted on Alice but she doesn't know. I started running through the woods in my wolf form looking for any signs of Edward. I trip over a tree branch and fall I hear my arm break so I shift to my human form. I cradle my arm to my bare chest and remember something. I don't heal like the Quileutes do I heal at a normal rate and my body temperature is normal. I wonder why. I start to shiver as it gets colder. I could feel my life starting to slip away. I saw the blackness start to consume me.  "I love you Alice." Then I blacked out feeling something pierce the skin on my neck. The next thing that I felt was fire. It was burning me alive and I couldn't stop it.