Chapter 6

What was he doing?

He did not know.

His body just moved on its own and what's worse, is that it refused to budge.

He had only known this Toffee a couple of days, but the monster had treated him a lot better than how Star had been treating him over these past couple of months.

Why shouldn't he defend him?

"Marco. Get out of the way" Star said.

Marco did not budge.

Then Marco did something even more shocking, he said.

"No"

"What?" Star said, her wand powering down. "What do you mean, No!? That's Toffee! He's evil! He almost killed me! He almost Killed you! He almost ended all of Magic and blew up my parent's castle!"

She couldn't understand.

How could he defend a Monster like that?

"But he didn't do any of that" Marco said.

"What?" Star said.

"He's a Toffee from another Reality" Marco said, "This Toffee doesn't have the guts to do something like that." Before turning to Toffee and saying. "Tell her"

The monster flinched and was instantly on his knees and said. "I-I wouldn't dare do something like that especially to Mistress Stars counterpart"

"Mistress Star?" Star said, officially confused.

"Explain" She said.

They both know this was going to be a long explanation, thankfully Star had all night.

Ch 6: Marco's decision

"So...let me get this straight" Star said sitting on the swings. "That Toffee" pointing to the monster on standby. "Is from a different reality where another me has concurred all the dimensions and she's enslaved him so he works for her? And not only that but she's decided to make you a Prince and let you go on epic adventures?"

"That pretty much it" Marco said, like he didn't care.

But what they did care about was when Star started to raise her wand.

"Star, what are you doing?" Marco said, seeing Toffee back away.

"Marco, do you know how crazy that sounds?" Star said, "What about if what you saw was fake? What if it's all some nasty plot. A plot to get to-"

"You?" Marco voice suddenly injected and it scared her.

Star turned around to find Marco looking at her in a way that scared that her.

"Why does it always have to be about you?" Marco said, " It's just me, me, me. How self-centered."

Star was shocked and said. "I'm not self-centered. I've been trying to get monster to coexist-"

"With Mewmens" Marco injected. "Like I've never heard about important people trying to do what you're doing hoping that nobody would see how selfish they are in reality. What about if you were born a monster? I'd love to see you spout 'Monster equality', then"

"Marco...what's wrong with you?" Star said, "Ever since you came back, you're not yourself."

Toffee just stood by and watched.

Monster equality?

Ridiculous.

He never thought he would ever hear that word.