3.

I placed my sleeping son on the mattress before leaving the room.

"Thanks, Sash." I whispered to her outside the room door.

"Are you okay?" She asked in concern.

I nodded my head as I wrapped my arms around me. "Yeah."

I told Sasha someone was lurking around my house and before I could even ask her to stay the night at her place, Sasha offered it to me. She had a spare room set up for when her mother pops in from time to time. Her husband was still in bed asleep as well as their two kids.

"I'm fine. Just a bit worried." I answered again.

"You're shaking." She said to me.

"Just shock." I gave her a nervous smile. "I'm just gonna lay with Rowan." I pointed my thumb to the door.

Sasha placed her hand on my arm, comforting me. "Okay."

"I'll see you in the morning." I slid back in to the room and curled up to Rowan. He didn't really wake up through the travels and in a way, I'm glad. I don't really want to rock and soothe him back to sleep when I need to soothe and rock myself to sleep.

"You don't understand. I need that book! I needed it three weeks ago." I stressed out.

"I'm sorry, but it's not here. It says it's been delivered, but we can't find it." The cashier said to me.

"Well, look again!" I snapped at him. I pulled back my loose hair as I waited for his response.

"We looked three times. I'm sorry miss, but, it's not here. I can order you another one, but it won't be here for another three to four weeks." He said to me.

"Ah, no! I have my finals then. I can't cram study in an hour or so. Please, tell me a store I can find the stupid book at."

"Excuse me," A voice threw me off guard, spinning to him in frustration.

"Please wait." I said in a harsh tone before turning to the owner of the voice.

I saw his dark blonde hair, the slight stubble on his face and his bright blue eyes.

I turned back to the cashier. "The Social Animal. How can you lose a freaking book that was on back order!"

"Did you say The Social Animal?" The blonde interrupted me.

"I'm sorry miss, but that's the best I can do."

I groaned. "Great. I'm gonna flunk because of you!" I gave him a death stare before turning to the man. "Yes I did. And if you happen to have it on you right now, I'll pay you double to what it's worth."

The man smiled. "I don't have it on me, but I do own it."

The relief was slowly washing in. "You do? Can I please buy it. I really need it for my finals essay."

"You aren't going to buy it."

I could feel my hopes crashing.

"You can however have it. No charge." He grinned at me.

Before I could register the relief that constantly washes over me, everything changed. But it didn't end how my dreams usually did, me gasping as I woke.

"Rhea! How many times do I have to tell you?" The angry voice came for me. I crouched in to the corner, crying. "Stay away from my shit!"

"I'm sorry, mummy." I cried.