15

Dear Mister New.
The world to love is a wonderful adventure. The uncertainty and racing hearts, the shy looks and hidden smiles from a female perspective is a small reward to you. Everyone falls in love differently and even before love blooms, it still could be there before seeing it.
Be a gentleman, open doors and pay the bill. Take her arm while walking and steal kisses whenever possible. Surprise her with gifts, even a simple rose.
When nurtured properly, it is a marvellous feeling that soars through you, giving you a high.
Take that high and let her know you're on it, take her with you. Enjoy every second of happiness. We all deserve to feel it and if you ever do, you are one of the lucky few.
Good luck, R.

I saved the document and finished my coffee. It's been a long night. I had the spare room made up and ready and I finished another letter, even though I'm supposed to be studying.

I looked at the time. Just after one in the morning. My eyes were burning, stinging from lack of sleep. I rested my head on the table in front of my laptop.

It wasn't long after that, I saw car headlights, lighting up the room as I jumped up.

She's here! She's here! I flew to the front door and opened it, waiting for Gabriel to come. She closed the boot of the taxi and rolled her bag up to the door.

She saw me waiting at the door and with both of us having our arms open, we crashed in to each other for a tight hug.

"I've missed you!" I grinned.

"Me too!" Gabriel smiled as we pulled away.

"Come inside." I offered. I had the aircon on, cooling the house down.

"You didn't tell me you guys were in a heatwave?" Gabriel pouted.

"It's shocking." I shook my head.

I locked the front door.

"Sit. How was your flight?" I asked her as I jumped on the couch.

"My flight was long and boring. How's your life going? Any more of Ryder appearing?" I heard the curiosity in her voice. I grinned and shook my head again.

"Oh gosh. I can't get rid of him."

"Does he know about Rowan?"

"That Rowan's his son? Yeah."

I saw Gabriel's eyes widen. "You told him?"

I shrugged. "I don't actually regret it." I grimaced at her. "It's good to know that Rowan has his daddy in the picture."

Her eyebrows shot up. "Daddy?"

Did I say that? "Dad." I corrected.

"So... What's happening between you two then?" Gabriel asked, expecting me to answer. I sighed out. "Look, I'm your best friend. We may not see each other as much as we want to, but I know you and I know your feelings. I'm not judging, I just don't want to see you get hurt again. Especially now, with Rowan in the picture as well." She told me, squeezing my hand.

"I know. I don't know. So much has happened. Ryder, Luke, me, studying, my jobs."

Gabriel narrowed her eyes then. "Yes. A lot has happened. Okay, one at a time."

I couldn't help but laugh. "The teacher side of you is coming out." I teased and she poked her tongue out at me. "I got a job promotion."

"Wow!"

"For a newspaper, in the lifestyle section. But the only way I can get the job is if I do my masters in psychology."

Gabriel nodded her head, following every word I said.