33

Flashback
Rhea stayed behind with her cousin, David. David was about five years older, and he helped Rhea clean up.

"It was a lovely service." Someone said to her and Rhea just nodded. Her eyes were swollen and red.

David came up to her, placing an arm around her shoulders. "Rhea. Sit down."

Rhea shook her head. "I can't. I need to clean up."

David looked how Rhea felt and vice versa. "I'm sorry, David. I know she was your mother, but she was a mother to me too." Rhea stuttered, more tears running down her face.

David embraced her, fresh tears leaving him as Rhea sobbed. "I know." Was what he said. "We will clean up. You have a couple days off from school."

Rhea shook her head. "I have to go back tomorrow. My finals started today. I need to pass." She dabbed at her eyes.

The last of the adults that raised her were gone. Uncle Rupert, now Aunty Mary.

David didn't say anything else as Rhea picked up all the saucers and teacups. She didn't know how she will cope. Marilyn Dean was her rock. Now she is gone.

Now
I heard the scuffle. My head was banging, and I wasn't sure if I was dreaming it or not. There were noises, things crashed like they got broken, smashed in the process.

I tried moving, but I was tied again. I couldn't see, I couldn't talk, I couldn't move. My legs were still bound together and my hands, I shook them. No rope, something metallic. I was cuffed to a bed head.

My head went to the noise. It sounded like it was above me.

Another loud thump.

I tried drawing my legs up, but I muffled a cry against the gag. My sides hurt. I think I've done something to my ribs.

Suddenly the noise above me stopped briefly. I couldn't make out if there was any talking or yelling. My ears felt like they were covered by the blindfold.

Then a sound echoed through the air, making me jump then cry. Then the smashing and loud thumping stopped. All I heard was a loud howl, like a banshee. Someone has been shot.

My heart raced. This is it. I'm at the end of my life. I'm going to be killed before I can see Rowan again. I don't get to tell him that I love him one more time. I don't get to see him smile any more. I won't get to see him grow up.

I heard heavy footsteps above me and my heart raced, my ears rung. Vincent will be pissed and I know he is one for not keeping his word. He will come down here and he will kill me.

When ever I felt him against me, his emotions were the same. Anger, jealousy, resentment.

I tried to remember the first time he tried anything on me, but I couldn't.

I can't guarantee if he will rape me or not.

Thinking hurts my head, my face felt swollen. My ribs on my right side hurt like a bitch.

The heavy footsteps were now gone and I felt like the suspense will kill me before Vincent does.

Minutes passed as I rubbed my head against the mattress, trying to remove the blindfold or gag.

I felt around the bed head, gripping the bars and used my arms to drag me up. It was painful and I wanted to scream, the tears irritating my eyes, but I kept persevering. I rubbed my head in a weird angle against the bars. I felt my arm and tried against that too. But nope.