Epilogue

I had it framed. I don't know why I did it, but I did.

My masters was now proudly on the wall, next to my bachelors.

I passed with flying colours, writing about the mental capabilities of a kidnapping victim. It was hard to relive it all again, but I felt the best way to complete my masters was through personal experience.

The third frame was what I asked Jan to print off. My farewell with Soul and my very first article from years ago.

It felt good not having to rush to work everyday. I spent as much time as possible with Rowan as we played games, inside the house and outside, on the beach.

Rowan was napping and I found a new hobby to do while he did that. Sewing. I spent a lot of time on YouTube watching tutorials, but I think I have the hang of it now.

I cut the thread and held up my new cushion cover. Perfect. I went over to the cupboard and pulled out a cushion and shoved it in the new cover, heading to the renovated spare room and placed it on the decorative armchair in there.

It fitted in to the room perfectly. I've been doing a lot of op shopping lately, getting old curtains and clothes and recreating them. I went to the kitchen and fixed up some fruit salad, locking it in to an air tight container for later.

I had promised Rowan a picnic when he wakes up and he was due to wake up soon.

I stepped out on to the balcony, letting the sun shine on me, the wind whipping my hair as I opened up the picnic rug, spreading it out. I went and pegged in a large beach umbrella and then threw down some large puffy cushions I made the other day on to the rug.

I heard my phone ting in my hands and I quickly peeked, to see a message from Gabriel. Smiling I read it, she will be up in a week. I quickly replied with a picture of streamers before continuing what I was doing.

Gabriel got another teaching job, but instead of a 15 hour plus plane ride, it's only a two hour car drive away.

"Momma?" I heard his little cry as I went back up to the veranda.

I found Rowan in the kitchen, opening the fridge. "There's my boy." I smiled as he turned to me.

"Picnic now Momma?" He asked. This kid doesn't forget a thing.

"Yes, baby. First, let's get changed." I told him as we went to his room. I found his swimmers and placed them on him, before rubbing him down in sun cream lotion and placing a hat on his head.

"Now?"

I laughed as I went to my room. "I have to get dressed too." I told him, throwing my clothes off and putting on a bikini set, wrapping a sheer white sarong around my hips. I ran my hands down my flat stomach and on to my hips as I sighed.

Rowan waited outside my door, growing impatient with a pout on his face.

I couldn't help but smile at him, tapping his scrunched up nose with my finger as I went to the kitchen.

"We have to have food!" I told him, packing the basket. "Do you want to get your new game as well?" I asked as he ran off.

I locked the front door and held the basket in one hand while waiting for Rowan. He came back with the small cardboard box in his hands as he went outside on to the verandah.

"Of you go." I smiled as he ran to where the picnic was half set up. I closed the door and locked it, dropping the keys in to the basket as I held on to my own sun hat with one hand, the basket in my other hand.

I made my way down to the set up, Rowan already there, waiting for me.

"Where are the sand toys?" He asked me.