26

I woke the next morning, feeling regretful. It wasn't until I went to the bathroom that my mood lifted.

"Oh thank goodness!" I felt absolute relief. I cleaned myself up and answered my phone. That must have been what woke me.

"Hello?"

"So? I gave you more than enough time." Gabriel said.

I looked at the time on my phone before putting it back on my ear. "Well good morning to you too. It's only 6:30am here."

"Oh, I'll give you another two hours, then I'm going to bed."

"There's no need." I told her as I walked out of my room. "False alarm."

I heard Gabriel sigh out.

"You sound more relieved than me." I laughed.

"Are you relieved?" She gasped.

"Oh yes, I am. Really relieved. I don't want another baby. I have enough to deal with." I told her as I went to the kettle. "And if I don't get my coffee, I'm not dealing with anything."

Gabriel let out a laugh. "Alright. I've got essays to mark anyway. I'm pooped."

"I thought you were going to bed?" I asked as I placed a teaspoon of coffee in to my cup.

"Well, yeah, it's only 430pm Monday here. I had a huge weekend, turned up slightly hungover, I had screaming kids all day, work at home then bed. Don't judge. You have one child. I have twenty."

I laughed as I hung up. My one toddler can sometimes make up to twenty kids with some of his messes.

The next four days was study, study, study. I handed in my assessment, did some more of my course, spring cleaned my house and had a great chat with Luke on the phone.

The reality of this sabbatical had finally hit me. I was bored. My life wasn't in a rush with Rowan and work.

My monthly cycle had finally finished, always as short as ever and I went to the doctors just to double check I wasn't pregnant, telling the doctor I hadn't got my periods yet.

Thankfully, that came back negative as well. I left his office in a better mood and went straight across the waiting room to the in store chemist to pick up some things.

"Have you read this week's edition?" I heard a cashier ask her colleague. I turned to see her holding up Soul. I hadn't even bothered buying this week's.

"Yeah. The astrological signs were spot on for me this week." The tall blonde woman said.

"Nah, not for me. Do you read the lifestyle section?"

"Sweetie, most of it is lifestyle."

"The advice column."

My ears pricked. Advice column?

I hung around the shelf I was originally looking at, eavesdropping.

"It's a bit mediocre this week. I usually love reading the advice." The short blonde one said.

I went to the counter and paid for my stuff.

"Oh, is that this week's?" I asked casually.

"Yeah." The short blonde said.

"Is it good? I haven't had the chance to buy it yet."

"Here." The lady handed it to me. "I've already read it." She smiled.

"Oh no! I couldn't." I smiled back at her.

"No. Take it." She shoved it in my hands and rang up my items.