28

"Let me up." I groaned.

But Ryder ignored me. I gripped his arm to push it off me, but he tensed up, making me struggle.

"Let me up." I repeated.

"No." Ryder sighed as he held me tightly.

"I need to get up." I argued.

"Not yet."

I groaned again.

"Momma!" I heard Rowan as my alarm went off. I took my phone and turned it off. "Momma!"

"Let me up." I hissed at Ryder.

Ryder hesitated before releasing me, letting me climb out off the bed. I snatched up a gown and wrapped it around me, doing up the sash.

"I'm coming!" I called to Rowan as I went to the door. Ryder sat up in the bed, rubbing his face. I gave him a quick glance before leaving the room.

His dark blonde hair was messy and I had to admit, a bit sexy. I shook my head, trying to get the thoughts out off it as I went to the kitchen.

"Breakfast!"

"Did you go to the toilet?" I asked him as I turned the kettle on.

"Yes Momma. Jam please."

I smiled as I placed two slices of bread in to the toaster and made coffee. I made my coffee and I hummed about Ryder's but decided to do it.

I buttered the toast, slapping the jam on and placed them on a plate for Rowan.

I cradled my coffee, feeling regretful. What the hell did I do last night? Why did I allow myself to do that?

"Momma?" Rowan pulled me out off my thoughts. "See daddy today?"

"Yeah, sure, baby." I muttered.

"Now?" he asked with a mouthful of toast.

"Soon."

I drunk my coffee before placing it on the bench, my head next to it. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I heard running water in the pipes and assumed Ryder was in the shower. That's what I need. A shower.

Rowan gobbled his toast down and came to me. That's when I noticed he was dressed already. "Dad?" He asked. "See daddy."

"Aren't you eager." I mumbled. I finished my coffee while it was still hot and picked Rowan up, placing him on the bench.

Rowan stood and took my hands. "Go see daddy!" He smiled as he climbed on to the bench.

I nodded. "Yes." I told him.

"Did some one say they want their dad?" I heard Ryder down the hall as he appeared in sight. His wet hair slicked back, wearing the same clothes as yesterday.

Rowan squealed and turned to him, jumping off the edge of the bench, making Ryder half jog to catch him and my heart stopping. This kid is going to give me a heart attack.

I looked out the front window to see Ryder's car there. He would have clothes in there.

I slipped away from them as Ryder held Rowan to him, Rowan talking his father's ears off.

I managed to have a shower in peace, plus getting dressed. I was on the end of my bed, tying up my canvas shoes when Ryder came in.

"About last night." He started.

"Shouldn't have happened. And it won't again." I finished.

"I meant about Rowan's day care."

I frowned, but didn't look at him. Instead I undid my lace and retied it.