➳ thirty

Joy entered the house 30 minutes after when the group of mothers and Areum entered.

She had to calm herself as she watch her family leaves her again. Who's to blame? Joy chose it because it's what she thinks the best to do.

But is it really the only choice she got?

Her eyes are puffy and she's worried as hell that Areum might notice and that the baby will get sad. As for Dasom, she's probably helping Jiyeon at the shop.

Joy was welcomed by three of the mothers while Areum and the other two are nowhere to be seen. "Where are they?" She asked, plastering a fake smile on her face as if a while ago, when she couldn't even breathe from too much crying did not happen.

"Areum asked Jinhee and Sora to bath her, she said she feels uncomfortable by the heat," said by one of the mothers, Minseo.

"Ah that kid, ordering around her grandmothers like that," Joy said, a little embarrassed by Areum's unintentional dependency. "I'm sorry, I'll take care of her first then I'll be back," She turned around but she was stopped by another mother, Jakyung.

"It's fine, and it's not like you didn't teach her well. She asked politely and I'm sure those oldies are having the time of their lives with Areum," Jakyung said and all of them laughed.

Once they are done, Joy noticed how the mothers are staring at her, "I know everything is not alright. Sweetheart, you know you can tell us right?" The oldest of the mothers and the one Joy spent most of her time with, Eungyung said.

The forced smile quickly left Joy's lips.

"I'll go tell the other two to make Areum take a nap while we talk on the other room," said Minseo and quickly went to the comfort room while Joy and the two other mothers made their way to Dasom's room.

Feeling the energy leaving her body, Joy fell on the bed. She couldn't even bring herself to cry which only made her fell worse.

"Eomma-deul... Just a while ago... My family... they came," Joy started, it's hard for her to talk continuously because it feels like she's going to be out of breath. "A-and, and then... That guy... He saw her... He saw Areum... I- Eomma-deul what should I do?"

Eungyung sat on Joy's left, Jakyung on the right and Minseo in front of her. Even the mother's couldn't say a word, all they could do is to make Joy feel that they are there for her.

"I'm so weak! H-how am I supposed to protect Areum i-if... if only these small things and it's already hard for me to control them?" Joy asked, her body is shaking which only made Jakyung to hug her tighter.

"Sooyoung, sweetheart, they aren't just small things. They were huge factors of why and how your life is right now. And you are not weak, Sooyoung-ah," Minseo said, emphasizing that word. "You are such a strong woman and you did amazing as a mother Sooyoung-ah."

"Am I strong? Did I ever really, even once, became strong?" Her walls of protection are turning into doubt. She's getting weak and it's almost as if she's falling apart again.

It's like everything is repeating. The same people are hurting her.

And the same people are there for her.

"You just couldn't see it but you're the strongest of them all. Even when they broke you before, you were able to build yourself again,"

"And I am positive that you will never let them break you again, Am I right, Sooyoung-ah?"

Joy nodded her head.

"It's normal to act like that but you know what is not? To let them affect you in a way that will make you think you want to give up. Sweetheart, you've reached this far! Those huge factors? Break them, turn them into smaller pieces that will never have the chance to harm you and your daughter,"