➳ thirty three

Sungjae probably stared more than he should be until he felt a light kick on his foot which made him realize that he's been staring for too long.

He cleared his head, looked back to his parents which both are giving him a look.

"Huh? Did you say something?" He asked nonchalantly as if he didn't do anything weird just a while ago.

Okay, Sungjae would be honest this time. It was his first time seeing Joy and Areum this close.

It's crazy! They literally have the same expression while looking at the menu with Joy sincerely picking a meal while Areum is probably looking at the pictures.

All of Areum's side features are absolutely the same as Joy. Even their skins have the same shade. Their eyelashes are both long and they both have that soft-looking, button-like, cute nose. Joy's not even wearing lipstick and Sungjae knows how much Joy takes care of that lip so it's not questionable that her natural lip color is not different from Areum's natural pinkish one. Even their chins are the same! The way their nose would crunch if they find something unpleasant on the menu, and how they both smile with their teeths showing if they saw something they like, it's the same! How is that possible?

They are practically one person!

It amazes Sungjae making him remember of the Sungjae that time who kept on imagining how would 'their' child would look like once Joy give birth to them. He even wondered if the baby would look like himself or Joy.

Guess Joy's genes is really dominating. Sungjae can't even see Hanseol in Areum.

Another crazy thing is that how his heart won't calm down at the sight of the two. Sungjae is on the same place as Areum while Joy is on the other part of the table so he can see her clearly. Sungjae's eyes doesn't know where to look at and he questions himself of why is he looking anyway? Wasn't he supposed to be angry? Weren't his blood supposed to boil in anger? Wasn't he supposed to hate them because these two are the actual truth-slap that he is such an idiot back then?

But he's not.

Why?

His Mother mouthed at him, asking, 'What-Are-You-Doing?'

Sungjae felt weirded, "Why are you mouthing it? Say it, I can't understand," he answered and his mother glared at her.

Sungjae just don't like how her Mom looked uncomfortable on Joy's presence when Joy should be the one like that. His mom didn't do anything so why is she acting as if she's done a sin?

His mom didn't answer and just continued on eating.

On the other table, Joy is internally panicking. She wanted to leave the place. She does care about the reservation anymore but she don't want to look rude at Sungjae's parents.

She does not even know how to start a conversation with Areum because she knows that the other table could hear them. Areum is staring at Joy, confused as to why her Eomma looked like she's on the edge or something. Usually, it's her Eomma who talks a lot but now, she seems a little strange.

So Areum, being a sweet and kind kid she is, started the conversation with Joy. "Eomma! Thank you! Areum is so happy!" She shouted, which startled Joy.

"Sshhhh," Joy put a finger on her lips, "Lower down your voice, Areum-ah. You are going to disturb the other customers if you shout like that," Joy smiled leaning forward so she can talk to Areum closer, "And Eomma is happy because Areum is happy,"

Areum giggled and looked around to see if she really disturbed other people. She noticed that Sungjae is looking at her and upon the eye-contact, Sungjae was lost in the little girl's eyes.