➳ thirty eight

2 months.

2 months, that's exactly how long Sungjae have before serving the military and in that span of long time, he must have his family back.

It's almost impossible.

Like, 2 months...? No matter how much he convince himself, there's no way that time will be enough even just to make Joy look at him without a hint of disgust or hatred.

It won't be enough.

Hell.

That's why he kept on walking back and forth inside his secluded room, all alone.

Funny how his room resembles him.

Messy. Dark. Alone. Sad. Empty.

What should he do? At his age and experience, he must come up with an idea but nothing comes in and he's already losing hope.

Is this his consequence? Sungjae finally admits his fault, this is happening because of him. He understands why Joy acts like how she do right now because if he's on her shoes, he'll do the same. It fell hard on Sungjae's face again, he's all there is to blame.

But Sungjae...he won't give up. He's not just going to throw away every single chance he gets which is really really limited and considering the situation he's in, everything became worse.

Even fate won't let him correct his mistakes.

Should he accept defeat?

No.

He hasn't even started yet. There should be even one thing out there that can help him make things work.

And as if on cue, Minhyuk calls him.

"Hyung?" He called out once he pressed the answer button.

"I was just checking on you. How are you doing? You're out of the internet right?" The concern in the older's voice made Sungjae smile. He's touched.

"I'm fine...I guess? Yes, I logged out all of the accounts I have..." Sungjae paused for a moment before continuing, "How are you? And the other members? And...them?" Sungjae can't even call them.

"We're definitely fine. By 'them' you mean the Melodies right?"

Sungjae nodded as if Minhyuk can see him. The silence gave Minhyuk the answer of his question.

"They're sad, of course. But they are actually taking this better than I expected and they even promised to keep on supporting us, specially Hyunsik and Ilhoon because they announced to continue as solo artists," Minhyuk chuckled, "I guess we just have to make sure that we are in good terms so they won't suspect a conflict between us. They're still unaware of the reason for our disbandment but I know, they won't worry that much if they see us still in good terms,"

There's a sincere curve on Sungjae's lips. He felt relieve.

"Hyung, I'm really sorry. Everything was so sudden," Even though his older brothers told him many times that it's fine and that they understand, there's still this creeping ball of guilt inside him that makes him want to apologize to them again and again.

He decided on his own and even though he's sure that it's what they will want too, it's still kind of disrespectful as he is the maknae. He didn't even talk to Eunkwang and made the rash decision on his own.